topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: In search of ... a calendar generator that produces HTML/PHP code ...  (Read 2981 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Folk,

I've been checking this, as time has allowed, for coupla-two-t'ree days.  And having no luck.

This is a calendar my friend is using for his sailing training site.
[Uh-oh.  I'm too stupid to figure out how to attach the image  :-[.]

OK, so, no image.  It's basically a table laid out in week/day format.  It shows day of month and class name, with different classes in different colors.  Most of these classes are multi-day, so the color helps to separate and group them.  You can see an example here.

I've recently discovered that he is doing significant work by creating these calendars in HomeSite (his preferred IDE)  :o.  This should not be a major effort for him  ;).  So what I'm trying to do is to find a generator that will allow him to maintain - as closely as possible - this style of calendar w/o having to directly edit the page code.  And I really don't want - don't have time! - to write it myself.

I've found too many generators  :'(.  So, while I'm testing these suckers one (1) by one (1), I thought to ask here if anyone knows of something kinda, sorta relevant.  It could be a standalone, installable application (as long as it produces Web code) or it could be a script that I could incorporate into his site (not publicly available, of course).  The site is basically PHP with HTML inserts, so anything producing that kind of output should be fairly easy to implement - I hope  :P.  (I'd also like to provide links from the calendar to specific class enrollment pages, but that's not a primary concern at this point.)

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: In search of ... a calendar generator that produces HTML/PHP code ...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I don't know if it will work with latest operating system flawlessly as it hasn't been updated in awhile but I have used it a long time ago...

HTML Calendar Generator

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: In search of ... a calendar generator that produces HTML/PHP code ...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Well, 2002 is pretty old, but if need be, I can VBOX Win2K to make it run.  And, by description, it's exactly what I'd like to get.  Thanks much for the link - as well as a new search term suggestion  :Thmbsup:.  I'll be back to mention if it works at all, much less on XP or Win7/64.