topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison  (Read 17665 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45 AM »
Whether something is copyright or creative commons shouldn't be too important. Instead, simply use a licensing system that takes care of things. Licensing can be done as liberally or as strictly as you like. It's not really all that hard. It's done for most software, and there's no reason why movie distributors couldn't do it. They're just too g*****n lazy and stupid to do it.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Well maybe if you granted other people copying privileges on top of your copyright, maybe. However, 90+% of all copyright messages say "copyright ____, all copying strictly prohibited blah blah". The point of my suggestion was that Creative Commons specifically encourages something to be shared by others.

Then you can work on the customer base marketing etc.

I glanced at your drum program, because I listen to pitch/speed changed music at work, and it seems to do better than Audacity, though it wasn't clear because the nuances were coming out differently on my test song.

P.S. The best suggestion I have seen for converting "copies to sales" is personally customizing your program for your customer/client. Depending on the work involved and/or your enthusiasm, anything from a special feature not found in the standard versions, to just the person's name/handle in the logo space. For example if your program could import tracker files and speed/pitch THOSE, that would be a lights-out feature.

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 06:55 AM »
My (state owned) ISP has finally blocked TPB. Indian efficiency at its finest...

Can you spot the insane hack I had to apply to regain access?

Indian blocks ThePirateBay - Round 1
Image1.png

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Um... Wow! [Face Palm] ...Good one!  :Thmbsup: