ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison

<< < (3/6) > >>

Renegade:
I think I'm pretty much over the additive addiction now... I need to smoke much less with the organic/natural tobacco. So, it is working.

As for the rectal cancer, let's hope that we don't find out!

BTW - Smoking helps reduce rectal cancer! (Read/heard that somewhere a long time ago -- don't have a reference... could be faulty memory too -- but I'm relatively certain it was smoking that helped...)

TaoPhoenix:

While the whole piracy thing is a serious PITA (my software is on The Pirate Bay and it is very painful for me)...

-Renegade (February 02, 2012, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hallo. What software that you made is on The Bay and why is it painful, besides the "obvious" answer? Why do we treat music and software differently, since they're both part of the "Copyright Problem"? For example, we all had lots of fun in the "post music videos" thread - are we being hypocrites? "Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"

40hz:
The ACLU is suing over the US government murdering people
-Renegade (February 03, 2012, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good luck to them with that. Under US law, the government has the right to decline to be sued under the doctrine of sovereign immunity.

In practice, it usually means the federal government only goes into court when it knows it will win (thereby establishing legal precedent since the immunity option doesn't play well with the general public - most of whom are shocked when they learn "their" government can't be sued); or, if it becomes politically expedient to do so in the face of broad public outrage over something.

When that happens a scapegoat is selected (or volunteers in return for a prearranged executive pardon) and the Puppet Theater airs yet another exciting episode for the entertainment of the masses.

Sorry if I come across as being cynical about this. I only seem that way because I am cynical about stuff like this. ;)

40hz:
"Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"
-TaoPhoenix (February 03, 2012, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. :Thmbsup: That cuts to heart of the 'other' part of the whole copyright problem.

Would that the opponents of SOPA/ACTA/PIPA (hmm...SAP?) had the decency to admit that. Especially since they're smart enough to understand why that might also be part of the larger problem even though they're very reluctant to admit it.

Renegade:

While the whole piracy thing is a serious PITA (my software is on The Pirate Bay and it is very painful for me)...

-Renegade (February 02, 2012, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hallo. What software that you made is on The Bay and why is it painful, besides the "obvious" answer? Why do we treat music and software differently, since they're both part of the "Copyright Problem"? For example, we all had lots of fun in the "post music videos" thread - are we being hypocrites? "Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"
-TaoPhoenix (February 03, 2012, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not a good place to go... ;)

I stated a fact. I did not complain. I have not complained. I have not thrown temper tantrums like the RIAA/MPAA Media Mafia.

I want to make this very clear. I have not bitched about it. Yes, I've stated that it has been painful. I've tried to be clear about that so that people know who I am and where I'm coming from and that I'm NOT advocating taking the food off of people's plates. My intention is not to complain or be a hypocrite.

I'm more likely to bitch about someone thinking that I'm bitching about it. :P ;D

I didn't offer a serious solution to the problem either though, as my solution isn't something that people want to hear. So, I just shut up about it.

@40hz - Yeah... I don't expect much to come of the ACLU thing, but it is a gesture at least.

It's hard not to be cynical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version