topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison  (Read 17578 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:26 PM »
The Pirate Bay has switched domains from http://thepiratebay.org/ to http://thepiratebay.se/ in order to keep the site domain out of the reach of Washington's claws.

Unnecessary Anarchic Comment
Wonder if they'll send drones... They seem to have no problem with killing children that way... And Obama seems unrepentant for that as well...

http://kmacphail.blo...ves-to-new-home.html

Changing the domain name to the Swedish domain .se puts the address out of the reach of US authorities. Along with the name change the defiant Pirate Bay operators changed the logo from the traditional ship to a closed fist (above) and issued a statement via their official blog:

2012resistance.jpg

http://thepiratebay.se/blog/204

What binds us all together is a strong belief that what we do is good. That it is something we one day can tell our grandchildren about with pride. People from all over the world confirm this. We read testimonials from people in Syria longing for freedom, thanking us for what we provide. We receive more than 100 visits daily from North Korea and we sure know that they need it. If there's something that will bring peace to this world it is the understanding and appreciation of your fellow man. What better way to do that than with this vast library of culture?

But what enrages us to our inner core is that the system, the empire, the governments, are still allowed to try to boss you and us around with one law crazier than the other. Do you think they will stop with SOPA/ACTA/PIPA? They will not. Because you won't stop sharing those files. Because we will not stay down. Because no one can turn back time. Together, we are the iron that hardens with each strike.

Those sentenced are not in Sweden, so whether they go to prison or not is another matter.

While the whole piracy thing is a serious PITA (my software is on The Pirate Bay and it is very painful for me), I would rather deal with piracy than a lack of freedom. That is, I would rather that people have the freedom to pirate my software than not. Money is just money and a tool to do things. Freedom is fundamental, and without it, other things become meaningless. So, hats off to The Pirate Bay for sticking with the fight.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:35 PM »
The Pirate Bay has switched domains from http://thepiratebay.org/ to http://thepiratebay.se/ in order to keep the site domain out of the reach of Washington's claws.

And it's also now: The galaxy's most resilient BitTorrent site!

A step up, (or two), from the previous title ;)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:44 PM »
Changing the domain name to the Swedish domain .se puts the address out of the reach of US authorities. Along with the name change the defiant Pirate Bay operators changed the logo from the traditional ship to a closed fist (above) and issued a statement via their official blog:

did anyone else notice that the new logo is similar to f0dder's avatar? :D

capitalH

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:47 PM »

did anyone else notice that the new logo is similar to f0dder's avatar? :D

Who lives in Denmark - across the sea from Sweden.

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Fistpalm - when a simple facepalm won't do!  ;D

Money is just money and a tool to do things. Freedom is fundamental, and without it, other things become meaningless. So, hats off to The Pirate Bay for sticking with the fight.

Respect!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:57 AM »
Of course now that it has SE as its TLD, it becomes that much easier to block it outside of Sweden...

@Ren: Send in drones? Why bother when a simple phone call to a sympathetic politico or a cooperative ISP or DNS provider would accomplish much the same thing?

Eventually the US authorities will figure out that big splashy actions only fuel the thing they're trying to stop. So as long as these very public domain seizures continue I don't think PB needs to worry too much. Because that means law enforcement is posturing and it's still in Puppet Theater mode.

I'd worry more once they start acting like it's no longer such a big deal, and only announce occasional actions or arrests, with maybe one or two big 'busts' per year. Once that happens, you know they've gotten serious. And you'll know it's gotten very serious once certain domains (and possibly the people behind them) start quietly disappearing from the net and the streets without a single word being said about it.

I predict once ACTA is signed in a few more places you're going to see media complaints about file sharing and piracy disappear from the news. Heavy handed arrests and seizures only risk fostering public support and sympathy for the 'wrong' people.

The proverbial "knock on the door in the middle of the night" gets the job done much more efficiently.

laughing01.jpgThe Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison

:-\
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:19 AM by 40hz »

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:40 AM »
Eventually the US authorities will figure out that big splashy actions only fuel the thing they're trying to stop. So as long as these very public domain seizures continue I don't think PB needs to worry too much. Because that means law enforcement is posturing and it's still in Puppet Theater mode.

I'd worry more once they start acting like it's no longer such a big deal, and only announce occasional actions or arrests, with maybe one or two big 'busts' per year. Once that happens, you know they've gotten serious. And you'll know it's gotten very serious once certain domains (and possibly the people behind them) start quietly disappearing from the net and the streets without a single word being said about it.

I predict once ACTA is signed in a few more places you're going to see media complaints about file sharing and piracy disappear from the news. Heavy handed arrests and seizures only risk fostering public support and sympathy for the 'wrong' people.

The proverbial "knock on the door in the middle of the night" gets the job done much more efficiently.

Torn from a page of the book called the 80s when the "War on Drugs" started picking up momentum. Hollywood helped garner support by glamorizing the "valiant warriors" with Miami Vice.

Fast forward to today and we have a new shadow group to spin, and once again Hollywood comes out with a TV show (Person of Interest) that "explains" how it's all OK ... And a good thing.

At this point I'm beginning to thing it would be pointless to quit smoking...as the volume of smoke going up my ass will give me cancer anyway.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 06:44 AM »
Of course now that it has SE as its TLD, it becomes that much easier to block it outside of Sweden...

@Ren: Send in drones? Why bother when a simple phone call to a sympathetic politico or a cooperative ISP or DNS provider would accomplish much the same thing?

(see attachment in previous post)
 :-\

The drone comment? That was total hyperbole. What you describe is much more insidious, and closer to what could happen.

However, the last week has given me some hope with a few "victories" reported in the press.

Monsanto has been effectively booted out of the UK, and rejected in Mexico. Those are fantastic things. No patents on life. No GMOs bio-weapons.

http://www.naturalne...GMO_UK_Monsanto.html
http://motherjones.c...santo-climate-change

Garasil is facing a repeal on violent, mandatory vaccinations. Again, a small victory for freedom and choice:

http://vactruth.com/...-repeal-hpv-vaccine/
http://birthofanewea...to-ban-gardasil.html

The ACLU is suing over the US government murdering people:

http://rt.com/usa/ne...tion-drone-suit-387/

Some people in Washington  DC are looking to repeal the indefinite detention section of the NDAA (yes - it made it in):

https://rt.com/usa/n...ndaa-bill-state-389/

So while there are constant threats to freedom out there, some victories are being won. Even getting the word out to people is a victory. Exposing the darkness is the first step. Getting everyone to light their candles is the final step. It's a slow war, but I am seeing some hope.

The switch by TPB was a good thing in my view. While they certainly do a good deal of harm to me, I understand and appreciate their fight. So, again, I see their defiance as another small victory.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:47 AM »
Fast forward to today and we have a new shadow group to spin, and once again Hollywood comes out with a TV show (Person of Interest) that "explains" how it's all OK ... And a good thing.

I have a hard time watching that show. It's fun in an "A-Team" way, but the underlying idea makes me sick. Kind of like CSI Miami - I'm always rooting for the bad guys on that show because the good guys are such total <insert expletives and rant here />.

As for smoking... Is rectal cancer easier to deal with? :P I'm actually trying a new strategy to quit. We'll see how it goes.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 07:02 AM »

I have a hard time watching that show. It's fun in an "A-Team" way, but the underlying idea makes me sick.

I know - same here - that's why I brought it up. :) ...It's really quite chilling.

I'm actually trying a new strategy to quit. We'll see how it goes.

Me too, I've been on the natural tobacco for a week or so. The flavor sucks ...(but no [additive based] craving fluctuations)... So I think it's working.  :D

As for smoking... Is rectal cancer easier to deal with?  :P

...Guess we 'bout to find out, Ay?  ;)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 07:05 AM »
I think I'm pretty much over the additive addiction now... I need to smoke much less with the organic/natural tobacco. So, it is working.

As for the rectal cancer, let's hope that we don't find out!

BTW - Smoking helps reduce rectal cancer! (Read/heard that somewhere a long time ago -- don't have a reference... could be faulty memory too -- but I'm relatively certain it was smoking that helped...)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 07:34 AM »

While the whole piracy thing is a serious PITA (my software is on The Pirate Bay and it is very painful for me)...

Hallo. What software that you made is on The Bay and why is it painful, besides the "obvious" answer? Why do we treat music and software differently, since they're both part of the "Copyright Problem"? For example, we all had lots of fun in the "post music videos" thread - are we being hypocrites? "Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 07:40 AM »
The ACLU is suing over the US government murdering people

Good luck to them with that. Under US law, the government has the right to decline to be sued under the doctrine of sovereign immunity.

In practice, it usually means the federal government only goes into court when it knows it will win (thereby establishing legal precedent since the immunity option doesn't play well with the general public - most of whom are shocked when they learn "their" government can't be sued); or, if it becomes politically expedient to do so in the face of broad public outrage over something.

_PunchPhoto-328x438.png

When that happens a scapegoat is selected (or volunteers in return for a prearranged executive pardon) and the Puppet Theater airs yet another exciting episode for the entertainment of the masses.

Sorry if I come across as being cynical about this. I only seem that way because I am cynical about stuff like this. ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49 AM »
"Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"

Thank you. :Thmbsup: That cuts to heart of the 'other' part of the whole copyright problem.

Would that the opponents of SOPA/ACTA/PIPA (hmm...SAP?) had the decency to admit that. Especially since they're smart enough to understand why that might also be part of the larger problem even though they're very reluctant to admit it.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 07:57 AM »

While the whole piracy thing is a serious PITA (my software is on The Pirate Bay and it is very painful for me)...

Hallo. What software that you made is on The Bay and why is it painful, besides the "obvious" answer? Why do we treat music and software differently, since they're both part of the "Copyright Problem"? For example, we all had lots of fun in the "post music videos" thread - are we being hypocrites? "Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"

Not a good place to go... ;)

I stated a fact. I did not complain. I have not complained. I have not thrown temper tantrums like the RIAA/MPAA Media Mafia.

I want to make this very clear. I have not bitched about it. Yes, I've stated that it has been painful. I've tried to be clear about that so that people know who I am and where I'm coming from and that I'm NOT advocating taking the food off of people's plates. My intention is not to complain or be a hypocrite.

I'm more likely to bitch about someone thinking that I'm bitching about it. :P ;D

I didn't offer a serious solution to the problem either though, as my solution isn't something that people want to hear. So, I just shut up about it.

@40hz - Yeah... I don't expect much to come of the ACLU thing, but it is a gesture at least.

It's hard not to be cynical.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 07:59 AM »
"Oh, it's all good, until it's *my* stuff being shared?"

Thank you. :Thmbsup: That cuts to heart of the 'other' part of the whole copyright problem.

Would that the opponents of SOPA/ACTA/PIPA (hmm...SAP?) had the decency to admit that. Especially since they're smart enough to understand why that might also be part of the larger problem even though they're very reluctant to admit it.

At the end of the day, copyright laws are effectively obsolete and/or unenforceable without having a police state. I'm more comfortable not having a police state.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Good thing there's still P2P without a centralized system like BitTorrent behind it.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Good thing there's still P2P without a centralized system like BitTorrent behind it.

BitTorrent, TOR, and all those other goodies are wonderful things!

Anyways you look at it, it's communication, and that's a good thing to have access to.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Still, you heavily rely on single providers like trackers or Magnet URI lists. I, for one, stick with eMule and Kademlia. Never had a dead link because you can't close something down. :)

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 08:24 AM »
I wonder if ISPs in countries like India (some of them govt. cos.), which are thriving at the moment even fully realize what a setback they'll suffer if illegal torrents/downloads (and online porn, to a lesser extent - it's the next logical step in the gameplan, right?) stop existing. It's not just about 'free', the only way I can get some content (current TV shows) is via TPB. Give me a legal way to get the same HQ content, not butchered by ads, in a timely fashion and I'll stop complaining (very loudly) and siding with the "bad guys".

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37 AM »
I wonder if ISPs in countries like India (some of them govt. cos.), which are thriving at the moment even fully realize what a setback they'll suffer if illegal torrents/downloads (and online porn, to a lesser extent - it's the next logical step in the gameplan, right?) stop existing. It's not just about 'free', the only way I can get some content (current TV shows) is via TPB. Give me a legal way to get the same HQ content, not butchered by ads, in a timely fashion and I'll stop complaining (very loudly) and siding with the "bad guys".

I think you've raised a VERY important point - access.

I have NO sympathy for anyone that refuses to sell based on an IP address. Actually, I have less than zero sympathy, but I'll try to keep this civil and without truckloads of profanity/obscenity. ;D

If they want to put in ads, ok, fine. I can deal with that. But not 40 minutes of ads and 20 minutes of a show. I am also not willing to tolerate not being able to seek through a video. That's a deal killer. TV is yesteryear. It's dead. They need to deal with it.

As far as I'm concerned, they need to actually do some THINKING and come up with a new business model that works in the modern, Internet, connected world. If they don't, f*** them. I don't care. They can die on the altar of failed business models (kind of like Kodak). Evolve or die. The rest of us need to. Why shouldn't they? Hiding behind laws is simply...

BZZT!

We interrupt this transmission to inform you that Renegade has deteriorated into a mouth-frothing, profane, obscene, squirming rant that would have made great footage for a remake of the Exorcist or some similar demon possession movie. We'll try to reboot him and get him back online as soon as possible. In the meantime, your kind understanding is appreciated.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Not a good place to go... ;)

I stated a fact. I did not complain. I have not complained. I have not thrown temper tantrums like the RIAA/MPAA Media Mafia.

I want to make this very clear. I have not bitched about it. Yes, I've stated that it has been painful. I've tried to be clear about that so that people know who I am and where I'm coming from and that I'm NOT advocating taking the food off of people's plates. My intention is not to complain or be a hypocrite.

I'm more likely to bitch about someone thinking that I'm bitching about it. :P ;D

I didn't offer a serious solution to the problem either though, as my solution isn't something that people want to hear. So, I just shut up about it.

It's hard not to be cynical.

I think you're a crucial microcosm example though.

Let's hear your "solution" for the sake of edge-context frustration, then let's thrash a little. (Shoot anyone who copies your software?)

What type of software did you make that you're unhappy about being on the Interwebs? How much does it cost normally for a copy?

Then we can see if you can become part of the new business models you mentioned.

I'm earnest - if "we can make you happy" then we just "repeat times a million".

I agree it really is a difficult problem, but "nothing useful to offer" allowed some Very Bad Men to almost ruin us.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 10:38 AM »

I think you're a crucial microcosm example though.

Let's hear your "solution" for the sake of edge-context frustration, then let's thrash a little. (Shoot anyone who copies your software?)

What type of software did you make that you're unhappy about being on the Interwebs? How much does it cost normally for a copy?

Then we can see if you can become part of the new business models you mentioned.

I agree it really is a difficult problem, but "nothing useful to offer" allowed some Very Bad Men to almost ruin us.

You're completely missing what I was trying to say.

(Shoot anyone who copies your software?)

You couldn't be farther from what I think.

Again, you couldn't be farther from how I feel about the issue.

My software is $49.95. Not a lot, but not cheap in some places. Completely unaffordable in other places.

Unhappy? Far from it. I'm very thankful for the customers that have paid me.

I write audio software for musicians to learn new music. Here's the main page for it:

http://renegademinds...abid/65/Default.aspx

You're in the RIAA/MPAA or "anti-piracy" mindset. I am not upset about this. Not at all.

My software doesn't fit into the new business model. Yet. I'm working on that.

It's not that I'm "not happy". That is completely irrelevant. My happiness is not determined by this issue. I suppose that this is really too complex of an issue to get into here.

It's just not productive to get into the issue for what I think the best solution is.

There are a few problems. I'll outline them and why I shouldn't bother talking about them, then I'll go into the masochistic torture of detailing them... sigh...

The first problem is that the immediate reaction (assuming people understood) would be for people to tell me that I'm completely nuts. I can deal with that. That's not a problem for me. It's a problem for other people.

The second problem is that few people understand the issues involved enough to actually understand what I'd talk about.

The third problem is that the objections to my solution are resolved in most ways (not all) by highly technical and involved solutions.

Ok... here goes the masochism...

I'll outline the solution and then enumerate from the above...

THE SOLUTION (Addressed to the whiny b*****s that complain about piracy)

If you can't protect your own stuff, f**k you. Learn how to deal with s**t and stop your f*****g b******g. Grow a f*****g pair of b**ls and stop your g******n whining.

Learn how to create a following and encourage your following to pay you for what you do. It works for a lot of other people, and it can work for you. (This is a very truncated version, but if you look at the business model, you can read into it and actually do well. I can give examples.)

If you're too much of a g*****n p***y to deal with it, get another job. Take your capital and so something else. We won't miss you. Someone will fill your shoes.

:P

That was a rant.

Eliminate patents and copyright laws. Run with Jefferson's ideas on ideas.

http://movingtofreed...nd-freedom-of-ideas/

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar character, too, is that no one possesses the less, because every other possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.
-Thomas Jefferson

So, that's the basis.

Next...

Society may give an exclusive right to the profits arising from them, as an encouragement to men to pursue ideas which may produce utility, but this may or may not be done, according to the will and convenience of the society, without claim or complaint from anybody. Accordingly, it is a fact, as far as I am informed, that England was, until we copied her, the only country on earth which ever, by a general law, gave a legal right to the exclusive use of an idea. In some other countries it is sometimes done, in a great case, and by a special and personal act, but, generally speaking, other nations have thought that these monopolies produce more embarrassment than advantage to society; and it may be observed that the nations which refuse monopolies of invention, are as fruitful as England in new and useful devices.
-Thomas Jefferson

An pay particular attention to:

...generally speaking, other nations have thought that these monopolies produce more embarrassment than advantage to society...
-Thomas Jefferson

At this point I should not have to actually go into why patents and copyright are not good things... but I will...

Now, for specific processes, you don't really need a patent. Something that is truly innovative is not easily duplicatable. That is, even if I told you the idea, you wouldn't be able to use it. Or at least not immediately.

I don't want to get into that further. Please take up objections with Thomas Jefferson. :)

So, the things we need to understand are (not exhaustively):

* Thomas Jefferson
* Physical reality
* Mind / body
* Cartesian Dualism and Anomalous Monism (Davidson) (well, not 100% necessary, but nice to know)
* Property and property rights
* Communication and what it entails
* The idea that sharing an idea doesn't destroy the idea (this is redundant from the above, but worth mentioning)

Maybe a few more things, but that covers the metaphysics, the physics, and the fundamental laws. i.e. That's A-Z on the topic with a few extras.

Resolutions to the problem can easily be solved through technology. These problems are mostly trivial to solve. There's not much brain power involved. (So, you can exclude Hollywood/RIAA/MPAA.)

etc. etc. etc.

This stuff isn't very hard to figure out, but it takes some effort. Rather than rely on lawyers, it requires thought and something of real value.

Oh yeah... And I'm 3/4 the way through a bottle of vodka, so I may have left some stuff out. ;D

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Hmm. First of all thanks for taking the time to write a nice post.

Let's see -

I'm "loosely" against "piracy" because that particular word implies an author/creator/artist/developer who is *unhappy* that their work is being copied. And I do believe "happiness or its lack thereof" is crucial, because that's the very theme the **AA is using in their campaigns, aka "it's not fair that the Rich Corporation ... er ... the starving artist isn't getting our money for those copies!" So I am against "piracy" because it gives them political ammo for their spin campaigns. That's the game they're playing, "copy-infringers are terrorists" etc.

I'm on the verge of buying it just to have a stake in my point, which I will call Be-Nice-and-Please-Pay" ware.

Meanwhile, I believe you said some things along the lines of using technical solutions to protect software. Does that mean you are for DRM?

Next - if you *want* your software to be shared, then ... don't copyright it! Creative Commons it! That then says the user has explicit permission to share it, not "implicit wink and nod" permission.

Setting aside all the weird wrinkles in the licenses, overall, I feel that suddenly if we stopped *copyrighting* things and made them Creative Commons, it would take power away from the big media brigade. Just make up a speech like "here, it's free to copy so you won't get a felony from SOPA-2, but please be nice to me and pay me, okay?"

What'cha think?

Edit: I'm all for copyright being reduced back to 14 years, maybe the 1 renewal, etc. My context was "given that we are stuck with the evil laws and the evil men pushing them, what do we do now?" I think it would be hysterical if we snuck in a super-libertarian/other President who rolled all the copyright back to something lenient. Then at the same time, encourage Creative Commons licensing for everything else, and *make categories*. $50,000 enterprise software is a different bag of worms than Jimi Hendrix songs!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:01 PM by TaoPhoenix »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 02:55 PM »
Off-topic but this is my wish if they sent army to catch me :P ...(applies to both my anime interests and trance sets from online radio).  ;D

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7172/20musicpiracy.jpg
The Pirate Bay - Domain Updates & Prison