topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Bookmarks on Windows 7 Explorer menu  (Read 3509 times)

vbmark

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Bookmarks on Windows 7 Explorer menu
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Hello,

I am seeking a utility/add-in/hack that puts a dropdown menu in Windows 7 Explorer menu bar so that I can add bookmarks to it.  Also, when I click on one of the bookmarks it should open that folder in the current Explorer window--not a new one.

I should be able to order/sort the bookmarks, create separators, and folders similar to Firefox.

The Favorites and Libraries features currently built into Explorer is stupid in that I must first scroll to it.

I do not want to use an explorer replacement.  I have tried dozens and either they don't work the way I need them to work, or they do but they are buggy.  I use "Classic Shell" so the native Windows Explorer is fine now except for the lack of bookmarking.

Thank you in advance,
Mark
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:56 AM by vbmark »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Bookmarks on Windows 7 Explorer menu
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Have you tried Filebox Extender? Among other things, it adds a little heart on Explorer windows and open file dialog boxes that when clicked gives handy access to a menu of bookmarked folders.

fbx.png

vbmark

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Bookmarks on Windows 7 Explorer menu
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 08:53 AM »
Thanks app103.  I've got it downloaded and am giving it a test drive.  I think it will do the job.

I appreciate the link.