ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor Fails to capture X-Plane screenshots

(1/3) > >>

wheathe:
Hi,

I am new to post here so please bear with me.

Both my brother and I are fans of Screenshot Captor, and have successfully used it with Windows XP Pro and the X-Plane flight sim.

We have switched to new computers and are using Windows 7, SP1 64bit. Since switching computers, we have not been able to capture screen shots with the X-Plane program.

What we both get are blank black pics. Screenshot Captor works ok with other software.

X-Plane is a standalone flight simulator with no installation, just like a portable exe file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

William

mouser:
Hi wheathe!

This may be a directX issue.. Capture from accelerated direct3d windows does not work as normal screenshot capturing..  Are you sure there isnt a screen grab function within x-plane?

wheathe:
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As far as I can determine, the only difference between Screenshot Captor working with X-Plane and not working is Windows 7 64bit.

With X-Plane and XP Pro, Screenshot Captor worked normally.

And yes, X-Plane has a full screen capture mode. It does not have Grab a Selected Region mode.

X-Plane uses Open GL.

Regards,

wheathe

Ath:
working with X-Plane and not working is Windows 7 64bit.

With X-Plane and XP Pro, Screenshot Captor worked normally.
-wheathe (February 05, 2012, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Windows XP and Windows 7 video subsystem & drivers are further away from each other than 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. Most graphics tools/games using either DirectX or OpenGL need specific features to allow capturing.

You can always grab/save a full screen using the game's built-in features, then open the image using ScreenShot Capture and do any editing/markup.

wheathe:
Well that's not very encouraging.

Loosing the convenience of capturing a specific area of the screen is a real bummer!

So if I read you correctly, you are saying that we are out of luck with ScreenShot Capture.

Hopefully we will find another application that doesn't have this limitation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version