topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 2:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Copy Image to Clipboard Not Working  (Read 3568 times)

tsobbor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Copy Image to Clipboard Not Working
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:16 PM »
I just installed version 2.105.01 of Screenshot Captor (SC).  I now notice that even though I have the box checked in Preferences to copy to clipboard, the image captured does is not going into the clipboard.  If I shut down SC, and use the built-in Print Screen button, the image does get put into the clipboard, as evidenced by the fact that I can paste it into an email.  Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  I did try stopping and starting SC, but it still is not placing what I capture in the clipboard.  I am not able to reboot at this time, but I plan to in the next 1-2 days to see if that makes a difference.  But meanwhile I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Copy Image to Clipboard Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:30 PM »
It's been pointed out that there are checkboxes to copy the image PATH to the clipboard as well as to copy the image to the clipboard, and SC cannot (currently) do both at the same time.  Perhaps you have the copy-path-to-clipboard action checked?

tsobbor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I should have added in the original post that I did not have Copy Name To Clipboard checked.  I also did a search for other posts for the same issue, and did not find any, before I put up my post.  I am responding from home right now and my home computer has no issues with SC capturing to the clipboard.  At home, I'm running V2.101.01, though.

tsobbor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:31 AM »
I came in to work today, and when I used SC, inexplicably the Copy Image to Clipboard function is now working.  No reboot, no logoff, all my previously opened apps are just where I left them the night before.  A real mystery as to why it wouldn't work yesterday.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:44 PM »
If it comes back, see if you can figure out if it is certain image types that might be causing the trouble.