ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor v3 beta

<< < (5/7) > >>

Ath:
3) Not important I guess: I have no idea what "Capture until max below" means...
-tomos (February 02, 2012, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
My wild guess:
"Keep capturing until the set number of captures have been taken, without bothering to check if the end of the scrollable area has been reached"
 ;)

And now for a, relatively small, feature request:

I'm a user of skwire's sWeather to view how it's outside, as I'm unable to view through a window sitting in my attic workspot :o

I thought I'd make a nice screenshot of the current weather in the 4 locations I've set. sWeather can change the current page by using PgDn/PgUp keys, but has the strange habit of scrolling in the opposite direction, so PgDn (or mouse-scroll down) actually goes from page 1 to 4, then 3, and then 2. Another PgDn returns to page 1.
This makes me best use the 'By Pages (default)' and 'Simulate Keypresses (PgDn/PgUp)' Vertical Scrolling settings for doing a capture.
This results in this captured image: (I highlighted the page-numbers)
Screenshot Captor v3 beta

My feature request would be that the scroll action by keypres can be reverted from PgDn/PgUp to PgUp/PgDn.
And it could be quite easily added by another entry in the combobox, something like 'Reverse Keypresses (PgUp/PgDn) (rare)'. The (rare) I added to emphasize that only in rare situations it would be used.
And I feel this could also go for the Left/Right keypresses of the Horizontal scroll setting.

mouser:
I think perhaps a more generic solution would be an option which allows user to set CUSTOM keypresses to simulate for vertical and horizontal scrolling.. that could be useful in handling odd cases.  thoughts?

Ath:
That's even better :up:, but a tad more work I guess :-[

superboyac:
screenshot captor is the best all around tool in the genre.  Snagit is more powerful, but what I've learned over the years that for 99% of my screen capturing needs, it's far easier to do it with SC.  And that's before you realize it's free.  So, best bang for the buck --> screenshot captor.

tomos:
... if you try to capture horizontal content and there is none, it shouldn't cause any problems just some wasted time trying to horizontally scroll when there is no content.  can you elaborate what didnt work?
-mouser (February 02, 2012, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is probably a bit gratuitious as SC seems to have Horizontal scroll turned off by default (even if set to "on" the previous time), but here goes:

I try capturing a dopus window with only vertical scrolling content.
In SC I set horizontal scrolling to default/pages
The screenshot is not long, will be done in two screenshots. Lets call them
A
B

The initial screenshot is actually:
AA
BB

Now when I press #1 Guess Margins - there is no change.
#2 gives me the following message:

The vertical overlap value could not be guessed.  This means that either that the page
 contents have no overlap, or, more likely, that the overlap was too small to
 reliably detect or that the contents changed while scrolling.

Please check the stitched image and manually adjust the margin and overlap values.

Tip: After changing margins you might try pressing the "2" button to re-guess overlaps.
--- End quote ---

I tried changing various margins & overlaps with strange results, i.e. without success =STOP PRESS= I figured it out:
increasing the "trim and show" horizontal setting from 3 to 4 removed the doubled up image.

Again this is done without using "Test Window" - that works well, so if unsure I'll stick with it in future (maybe that's what I was supposed to do all along?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version