ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Introducing BaDa - the new way to build web based database applications

<< < (2/3) > >>

kindrosker:
You know Bada is also a Telephone OS owned by Samsung? And that is already making inroads around the world, so I'd pick another short-name if I where you ;)
-Ath (January 28, 2012, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, you are right, renamed short name to "Bilt"

40hz:
I'm a little confused by what I'd be allowed to do under the terms of your license. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to say you're only licensed to load BaDa onto a single PC - yet it seems to be a multiuser database app.

Also the part where it talks about commercial use seems to say you can sell a solution you developed using BaDa in one place, and then in another paragraph it seems to say you can't.

Any chance of clarifying exactly what a developer is allowed to do with BaDa at this point?

Thx. :)

P.S. I did download it earlier and I'm planning on giving it a try this weekend. Looks to be a very nice app. Wish you success with it. As Justice mentioned earlier, it does provide a nice alternative to the usual Microsoft stack.

----------
And on a purely personal note:

Go Ukraine! :Thmbsup:

kindrosker:
Any chance of clarifying exactly what a developer is allowed to do with BaDa at this point?
-40hz (February 03, 2012, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

From license:
You can download the core code.
You can also download and install skins, translations, plugins and applications.
You can adapt the core code, skins, translations, plugins and applications.

But it is for single use.
--- End quote ---

when we say "it is for single use" it means you can't redistribute it and share your modification with other name on your site.

Of course you can install many copies on your server and do any code modification that you need because all code is open source.

40hz:
Thanks for clarifying that.  :)

Ath:
when we say "it is for single use" it means you can't redistribute it and share your modification with other name on your site.
-kindrosker (February 04, 2012, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'd also change the text on the site and in the license. We're most likely not the only ones being confused by that. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version