topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Launchbar Commander (Hung) read more..  (Read 4076 times)

zpro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Launchbar Commander (Hung) read more..
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Well, as was well, I started to add links to the launchbar drag and drop... all seems good
until I grab R - Wipe & Clean short cut to drop it into a folder called Utilities... and THEN.. Wamo
the program display a full screen 1920x1200 window.. and the worest part it would not let me select,
right click setting, to fix the problem complete lockup, or lockout., when I hard closed it ( task manager )
and restarted, same window , same problem...

Had to remove program,  is there any work around ? or bug fix in the works ?

Regards -
 :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Launchbar Commander (Hung) read more..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50 AM »
sorry for the delayed reply -- i've been working overtime on a major update to my Screenshot Captor program and have fallen behind replying to my other app threads.

I once experienced a similar problem where i did something (mouse got stuck on drag) and the window became super large.  i'm not sure what exactly happened or why.

I think i recovered it using a generic program that moves windows on screen and resizes them, a freeware tool called Discover.

Let me add a way to have tell the program automatically to automatically recover from any such emergencies where windows get too big or go offscreen for whatever reason.

zpro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:07 PM »
sorry for the delayed reply -- i've been working overtime on a major update to my Screenshot Captor program and have fallen behind replying to my other app threads.

I once experienced a similar problem where i did something (mouse got stuck on drag) and the window became super large.  i'm not sure what exactly happened or why.

Thanks !!!,

just the other day, re-installed the app, again... hoping.. and this time the toolbar (launch bar) was on the bottom of the screen, when I drag a shortcut over, and for some reason, it double height the launch bar, and I could not find what was causing this.. its a good thing, I quit the program, and did not save, and restarted, and all is fine... once again.
but there is something odd somewhere when dragging shortcuts, or app icons.exe onto the launch bar and where they get drop off, into folder ( sub-menu ).

Again, Thank You.
 :)

I think i recovered it using a generic program that moves windows on screen and resizes them, a freeware tool called Discover.

Let me add a way to have tell the program automatically to automatically recover from any such emergencies where windows get too big or go offscreen for whatever reason.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54 AM »
New version should detect situations with launchbars that have gotten too big or are offscreen; and there is a new command in options to reset position and size data.  Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0