Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 19, 2014, 04:28:47 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Want same setup on PC and notebook w/out memory stick (via network)  (Read 2954 times)
rusty-w
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »

Hi again...

I was just thinking (yeah once again...) if I want the same circle dock setup on my PC and notebook there is probably a simple way to keep my notebook in sync with my PC over the network. I'm new to win7 but I think there are simple utilities to keep a folder on my notebook synced with a folder on my PC when my notebook is home and on my home network.

Sound doable?  Suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:47 PM »

Greetings  Grin

The first concept that comes to mind is to run Circle Dock from Dropbox in portable mode...Just a thought, although this may cause conflicts if run on  both systems at same time at same time.
rusty-w
Participant

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59:25 AM »

Greetings  Grin

The first concept that comes to mind is to run Circle Dock from Dropbox in portable mode...Just a thought, although this may cause conflicts if run on  both systems at same time at same time.

Dropbox? What's zat? I'll google.

Thanks,
R
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:15:35 AM »

Dropbox? What's zat?
hahahahahahahahahaha Grin

sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »

Greetings  Grin

Dropbox? What's zat? I'll google.

Thanks,
R

More Information on Dropbox here:
http://db.tt/Pfmqlhc

Just realize that there may be some interesting behavior tryin gto run one instance of CD on two , or more, systems.

But hey, try it, and let us know how it works Wink
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »

I use http://www.2brightsparks....om/download-syncback.html which works fine and can be scheduled.

rusty-w
Participant

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »

I use http://www.2brightsparks....om/download-syncback.html which works fine and can be scheduled.

Thanks Carol!  This looks good. And thanks sgtevmckay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.05 ]