ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Retrieving the name of a nice process killer

(1/2) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

I remember having tried 1 year ago or so an advanced task killer for Windows, that offered 5 or 6 different modes to kill a task, from the nicest way to the harshest.  Can't find its name and there are so many of these utilities I cannot find it on Google.  It was a freeware AFAIR.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks !

4wd:
Advanced Process Termination (PenDriveApps.com link) ?

Advanced Process Termination is a Free Portable Software that can be used to Kill Running Processes. The tool offers many different methods that can be used to Kill Processes or Terminate Running Programs (Kill Running Tasks). In addition it can Freeze or Suspend Running Processes, Resume Suspended Processes or even attempt to Crash a Running Process or Kernel Kill the Running Process.
--- End quote ---

MerleOne:
Thanks.  Will try it.  Not sure it was the one I used once but may offer the same features.
 :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Process Tamer from mouser at Donation Coder is a pretty elegant approach too. You can use it to automate termination or re-prioritisation of predefined running processes.

Shades:
Process Explorer - freeware from SysInternals and nowadays part of Microsoft
Process Hacker  - open source Process Explorer-like tool which supports more brutal termination of processes

Both are portable and as such a welcome addition to a computer tech's software arsenal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version