ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Grammar Nazi Mass Rename

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
I have recently made quite a number of purchases of games at GOG.com and downloaded the games + all additional content including soundtracks and wallpapers etc. I am bothered by the file naming scheme that GOG uses and would like a way to automatically traverse all subdirectories of a specified directory to rename the files.

Unwanted filename examples (with a few good ones in there):

Wanted filename examples:

Basically, I want to replace underscores (_) with spaces ( ) and capitalize the first letter of each word.

But! Some words are acronyms e.g. HoMM or BG and I don't want those to be replaced with e.g. Homm or Bg. However, since GOG usually uses lowercase letters for their filenames anyway, I'm okay with it leaving a lowercase acronym all lowercase (but still capitalizing the first letter).

Or in other words, Make the first letter capitalized and don't worry about the case of any other letters in a word.

kilele:
_

rgdot:
Just in case no coding snack Métamorphose is probably good option. I tested and used version 2.

remio72:
I made a program that does this you can get it from my website. (its called Mass File Renamer)

DyNama:
am i too late? i like a program called Bulk Rename Utility: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version