Once in a while you realize that things are really pretty swell. Allow me to share:
1) I'm a Linux Engineer, so I get to do stuff I like almost every day.
2) I'm on the Open Source Development initiative at work... we're planning a completely OSS, PaaS solution for Green Field projects.
3) I'm dating a really nice young lady and we spent almost the whole last weekend together.
4) New (to me) Car!
- I crashed my 1999 car 2 weeks ago
- Ins. covered my rental car
- Total loss covered my loan pay off and after my deductable, they're sending me ~$500.
- New car is a 2009 w/ 25,000 miles and it is WAY FUN to drive.
- No one was injured in the crash
5) I just finished Angry Birds Seasons w/ 3 *'s on every level plus all eggs.
Life is good, sometimes you just need to celebrate the little things.
I'm sure I'm not the only one happy this week... share the happy!