ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

All-In-One Multi-Touch Computers - Thoughts?

<< < (9/12) > >>

wraith808:
Looks like they're taking a page from teracopy...

J-Mac:
-wraith808 (January 31, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? You mean Microsoft is going to focus on Android and iOS products and ignore their mainstream products?!  (    :P   )

Jim

Carol Haynes:
It doesn't sound like file management is going anywhere.  It's being tweaked, improved:
improvements in file management

-superboyac (January 31, 2012, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

File management isn't going anywhere in the Windows Desktop - but we were talking about Metro cased tablets - as far as I know ARM based tablets won't have desktop windows - just Metro - and as far as I can tell apps in Metro are just as annoying as on the iPad with no easy access to the file system.

Doubtless someone will write an app to give Metro access the the FS but then they have to convince MS to let you have it because, like Apple, you will only be able to get Metro apps from the MS store.

superboyac:
That's no big deal, then.  If they make some tablets without a desktop to compete with the ipads and androids, that's fine.  But they're going to make tablets with both metro and desktop, or desktop only also.  So...I don't see any problem with that from our standpoint.  If someone doesn't want the restrictions of metro-only, they can get a more full-featured Windows 8 tablet.

wraith808:
-wraith808 (January 31, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? You mean Microsoft is going to focus on Android and iOS products and ignore their mainstream products?!  (    :P   )

-J-Mac (January 31, 2012, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

That went over my head...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version