ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for password "scheme" suggestions

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
What ^he^ said  :Thmbsup:

However I have used a base mnemonic with special characters and a site specific code successfully in the past.

Edvard:
ok, here's something similar to my scheme:

For a 9-character password with upper/lowercase and numbers/special chars:
Take first 5 letters of the site you're signing up at.
Pick a 4-number combo that you can remember (last 4 digits of phone #, SSN, etc.)

* first letter - first number
* hold down shift key
* second letter - second number
* let go of shift key
* third letter - third number
* hold down shift key
* fourth letter - fourth number
* let go shift key
* fifth letter
That makes it easy to remember and complex at the same time.  :Thmbsup:

Like I've said before, a password is only as secure as the server it's stored on.
If somebody gets in, it doesn't matter if your password is d1O@n3A$t or mickey mouse.
$0.02

4wd:
For anything that can be >20 characters I use easily remembered sentences complete with punctuation/capitalisation/etc.

eg. Not one I use but a question I was asked that has stuck in my head for >30 years :)

Passphrase: Does cam low profile alter valve train component acceleration?

For anything <20 characters, I use Password Card as mentioned here, kudos to joby_toss btw.
I have a pair of these laminated back to back, after using a password, (selected off them), a few times, I no longer need the card to look it up but it is there if I need it.

If I need something ridiculously complex, (ie. hard to remember), I'll take something easy to remember and ROT13 or ROT47 it, (or ROTxx).

Stoic Joker:
Passphrase: Does cam low profile alter valve train component acceleration?
-4wd (January 26, 2012, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Sorry about the side track, but...(this is gonna bug me)) I'd have to go with yes. Acceleration of the reciprocal mass is controlled by the ramp contour of the lobe. So a low profile cam would have a smoother transition and therefore open the valves more slowly. IIRC (It's been a while). Maybe best to PM me so we don't side track the thread.

AndyM:
Does cam low profile alter valve train component acceleration?
-4wd (January 26, 2012, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version