ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Rearranging the CHS display to give a conventional 2-pane display

(1/2) > >>

IainB:
I thought I would pass this on in case it might be of use to other CHS users.

Objective: A useful two-pane view of my CHS database. (Similar to a Help file display.)

* The left pane was to provide a scrollable hierarchical view (Tree tab) of my categories, together with a scrollable list of clip names (Grid tab) - both together in a relatively narrow column on the LHS of the screen.
* The right pane was to provide a full view of the data (Memo tab) in any given clip selected in the scrollable list of clip names.
Example: This would make it look a bit like the typical help file: (also a bit like my InfoSelect display)
Spoiler

Procedure:
1.This was my starting point:
Spoiler

2. Then out of interest I dragged all the tabs (Tree, Grid, Memo) together in the LHS pane:
Spoiler

3. Then I dragged the Memo tab (back) into the RHS pane, and dragged the Grid tab to the lower part of the LHS pane: (Objective achieved.)
Spoiler
Fiddling around with the column names displayed in the Grid tab - e.g., maybe to just display the Title column - could make things clearer for me.

rjbull:
Interesting definition of "religion"  :)

IainB:
-rjbull (January 24, 2012, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hahaha, sorry, you got that wrong!    ;)

The things displayed in my Tree tab screenshot are my logical "categories", and they are hierarchically arranged (redolent of Lotus Agenda). One of the categories is called "Religion/belief/dogma", and that lists relevant logical sub-categories under that.
A "category" is not a "definition"!

But hey - isn't it nice how easily you can reconfigure the main CHS GUI?      :Thmbsup:

tomos:
But hey - isn't it nice how easily you can reconfigure the main CHS GUI?      :Thmbsup
-IainB (January 25, 2012, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, it is :up:

rjbull:
-rjbull (January 24, 2012, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hahaha, sorry, you got that wrong!    ;)

The things displayed in my Tree tab screenshot are my logical "categories", and they are hierarchically arranged (redolent of Lotus Agenda). One of the categories is called "Religion/belief/dogma"-IainB (January 25, 2012, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, and the word "dogma" is hidden in that screenshot  :)

But hey - isn't it nice how easily you can reconfigure the main CHS GUI?-IainB (January 25, 2012, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Mouser's programs are getting too complex for me...  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version