topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PRIZE: Write a plugin for TheBat! and win a free copy of TheBat! Pro  (Read 7862 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I think we may try to do more of this in the future..

RIT Labs has given us 2 free copies of TheBat! Pro to give out as prizes for some coding snack thing related to TheBat!

I would like to give these to the first two people who write a plugin/addon for thebat, whether it happens this week or whenever.

I am open to different ideas, if you have a strong idea, but I have had an idea for a freeware program that i would like to interface with TheBat, and I think that it would be great if someone made a nice addon/plugin that was really made as a helper for other people to write programs that interface with TheBat!.  So, I would like to suggest that one of the plugins be set up so that from the macro you can specify an exe filename, and some optional named options, and the plugin would invoke the exe, and "capture" its output, either by capturing stdout, or just reading the results from some specified output file.  I can help clarify this on request.  The basic idea is that this would be a macro plugin that could be used to run an arbitrary commandline tool, passing it options and grabbing its output.  There are some existing addons/plugins already written for thebat, and they may be able to be adapted to do this quite easily.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hold the phones..

damn jibz has already whipped up a working example of my request..
so you can blame him and his ability to reuse code he has already written for new tasks.

jibz has said it was too easy for him to win a prize, so i guess we still have 2 copies of thebat to give away for plugins.

maybe jibz can give you guys some hints about compiling and using the sample thebat plugin..

so i guess the scenario is we are looking for 2 new ideas for plugins..
and 2 coders to write them..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
on this page (on far right marked as attachments) you will see the sdk documentation, and a sample plugin
and then in the center of the page a link to a more substantial demo plugin, MyMacros, with source):

http://www.ritlabs.c...b/idx/0/060/article/

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
jibz plugin is written and he gave his copy of thebat! as a gift to another member.
but we still have 1 more copy available to give out as a prize..