ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Calibre - e-Book (Personal Library/Document) Management - Mini-Review

<< < (3/9) > >>

Daleus:
Looking back over this thread, I wonder has anyone done a review of Qiqqa?

I followed the link to their site, but as I am not an academic, I'm not certain I would have a use for this program.

I'm going to download it anyway such is the power of a DC recommendation - I'll try *any* program you folks suggest, to see just what it can do for me.

cranioscopical:
(over 50 eyes)
-Daleus (January 24, 2012, 06:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, with >50 eyes you sure must read fast!

J-Mac:
I tried running this on my previous computer and it would constantly lock-up my system. Then again that PC had graphic card conflicts that often caused problems with certain programs. Anyway after importing a lot of PDF ebooks Calibre was spinning out of control - 50-60% CPU usage & a big chunk of memory. Couldn't shut it down without going into safe mode.

New 'puter now - maybe I'll give it another try.

Thanks!

Jim

IainB:
Looking back over this thread, I wonder has anyone done a review of Qiqqa?
-Daleus (January 24, 2012, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think so, but I have been thinking of doing a proper Mini-Review, having used Qiqqa for a few months now. It's a superb document and information/reference management system.

IainB:
New Calibre Release: 0.8.38 [03 Feb, 2012] available:
See all new features of v0.8 here.
Changelog - Release: 0.8.38 [03 Feb, 2012]:
SpoilerNew Features
Implement the ability to automatically add books to calibre from a specified folder.
Closes tickets: 920249

calibre can now watch a folder on your computer and instantly add any files you put there to the calibre library as new books. You can tell calibre which folder to watch via Preferences->Adding Books->Automatic Adding.

Conversion: When automatically inserting page breaks, do not put a page break before a h1 or h2 tag if it is immediately preceded by another h1 or h2 tag.

Driver for EZReader T730 and Pint-of-View PlayTab Pro

Closes tickets: 923283, 922969

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version