ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (17/19) > >>

Innuendo:
One person (username: Zkoumidlo) claimed he was using Sticky Password with Pale Moon, but that's the only message he ever posted, and it somehow sounded a bit off to me.  If you nonetheless want to contact him (he sent his message on Dec. 2, 2013) you can find the thread at http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3487&p=20294&hilit=Sticky+Password#p20294
-cyberdiva (February 15, 2014, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I had seen that, but I think it's a dead end. He said he was using Sticky Password. He never said he was using it successfully with Pale Moon. Still...maybe I'll experiment with the config files and see if I can work up a kludge.

I'd just move to Keepass, but I can't get it to work with my college's web site. :(

cyberdiva:
Yes, I had seen that, but I think it's a dead end. He said he was using Sticky Password. He never said he was using it successfully with Pale Moon. Still...maybe I'll experiment with the config files and see if I can work up a kludge.

I'd just move to Keepass, but I can't get it to work with my college's web site. :(
-Innuendo (February 15, 2014, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had assumed that if he bothered to join the Pale Moon forum, he was using Pale Moon.  Then again, perhaps he was just a Sticky Password fan boy.

At any rate, if you continue to look for an alternative, you can skip 1Password.  It too does not work with Pale Moon.  It's the only program I've tried to use that does not. 

On the whole, I've been happy with LastPass, happy enough that several years ago I upped my membership to Premium for $12/yr just to offer support.  More recently, I've found extra reasons for doing so: my Premium membership entitles me to use LastPass on my Nexus 7 tablet, and it also gets me especially prompt and attentive support when I've needed it.

Innuendo:
At any rate, if you continue to look for an alternative, you can skip 1Password.  It too does not work with Pale Moon.  It's the only program I've tried to use that does not. -cyberdiva (February 16, 2014, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like support for Pale Moon is going to be limited to solutions that use xpi-only code. I went over to the Sticky Password site to give them a nudge. I'm not too hopeful, though.

On the whole, I've been happy with LastPass, happy enough that several years ago I upped my membership to Premium for $12/yr just to offer support.
--- End quote ---

I'm not against paying, but subscription-ware irks me. It makes me feel like I'm renting, which in a way, I guess I would be.

cyberdiva:
Looks like support for Pale Moon is going to be limited to solutions that use xpi-only code. I went over to the Sticky Password site to give them a nudge. I'm not too hopeful, though. -Innuendo (February 16, 2014, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I see that I posted this without saying what I had intended to about Pale Moon's limitations.  I don't know what programs other than Sticky Password you feel you can't use in Pale Moon.  My experience has been that it works with everything I've thrown at it except 1Password (which I wasn't really all that interested in, since I didn't think it was as good as LastPass).  I've not been limited to the Mozilla-site add-ons: for example, I got both Linkman and Surfulater to work with Pale Moon.

I'm not against paying, but subscription-ware irks me. It makes me feel like I'm renting, which in a way, I guess I would be.

--- End quote ---
For most people LastPass is absolutely free.  It costs nothing to use it in your computer's browser, and I did so for a while before deciding to send them $12/yr for Premium membership.  That was totally voluntary--I just wanted to send a little contribution to express my support.  They didn't ask that I do so.  It was only a few months ago, when I got an Android tablet, that the Premium membership was needed (and, of course, only if I wanted to use LastPass on the tablet).  Many people I know are not interested in having LastPass on their smartphones or tablets, and they use LastPass on their computers for free.

Innuendo:
I don't know what programs other than Sticky Password you feel you can't use in Pale Moon.  My experience has been that it works with everything I've thrown at it except 1Password (which I wasn't really all that interested in, since I didn't think it was as good as LastPass).  I've not been limited to the Mozilla-site add-ons: for example, I got both Linkman and Surfulater to work with Pale Moon.-cyberdiva (February 16, 2014, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying I feel anything other than Sticky Password won't work with Pale Moon. I was just offering an explanation as to why SP wasn't working & while I haven't checked into it, I bet 1Password doesn't work for the same reason. I'm relieved Linkman will work as I'm getting ready to install it & I was hoping I wasn't going to run into any problems.

Seems the Sticky Password problem has resolved itself. Sometimes problems resolve themselves, but often not in a way that you'd like. Seems the thread in the Sticky Password forum that I added to regarding adding more browser support has been removed without notice or reason. Censorship is a good reason to take my business elsewhere. I almost paid to upgrade from v6 to v7 the other day, too. Ah well...money saved.

For most people LastPass is absolutely free.  It costs nothing to use it in your computer's browser, and I did so for a while before deciding to send them $12/yr for Premium membership.
--- End quote ---

Ah, but I'm not most people, Ms. Diva, but you've probably known me long enough to realize that. I use my mobile devices quite a bit so I'd need access to that password database while I was on the move. It's good to see that LastPass no longer limits the number of passwords saved for free accounts any longer, though.

They aren't very transparent on anything regarding their company, but that's a personal qualm so I'll leave that out of the discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version