topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project  (Read 53182 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2014, 02:00 PM »
For what it's worth I find Firefox 27.01 Portable very snappy. Of course I'm on a Laptop not a quad or 8 core machine. But I really can't detect the difference.  I use Pale Moon more because it's installed and can be easily set as the default.

http://portableapps....net/firefox_portable

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2014, 02:54 PM »
Well, that didn't last long.  >:(

Sticky Password is not compatible with Pale Moon.
I use LastPass, so I haven't run into this problem, since LP works with all my browsers (PM, FF, Opera, and IE) and with my Android tablet.  I took a look at the Pale Moon forum to see whether there was any mention of Sticky Password.  There were a few messages, most of which said it wouldn't work with Pale Moon.  One person (username: Zkoumidlo) claimed he was using Sticky Password with Pale Moon, but that's the only message he ever posted, and it somehow sounded a bit off to me.  If you nonetheless want to contact him (he sent his message on Dec. 2, 2013) you can find the thread at http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3487&p=20294&hilit=Sticky+Password#p20294

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Waterfox is a x64 build of Firefox, I've been using it for a while after Pale Moon x64 was giving me some strange problems.  Pale Moon directory structure was also different to Firefox's, this was good for those times when programs expected to just dump things onto Firefox, (toolbars, bookmarks, etc), because they couldn't find the directories, (thus assumed no browser), but not so good when you were trying to get some plugin to work.

So far I haven't found any problems with using Waterfox over Firefox.

Powered by Mozilla & Waterfox 9.0.1
Jan 7, 2012
Posted by: MrAlex

Waterfox has now been accepted as a project by Mozilla and has been placed on their website! Waterfox 9.0.1 has also been released, but at the moment is only available through the internal updating program available in Waterfox 9.0. This is to try and iron out any issues for the release of Waterfox.

Wonderful indeed. Usually don't have support in mozillazine if the browser is waterfox .
I use intensivily the addon Tab Group Manager and sometimes fails the groups.
I have updated recently to v'26 and have this problem.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Perhaps the bad thing is don't have a forum for waterfox.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2014, 11:32 PM »
do you mean, "not compatible with Firefox 27"? Pale Moon should be but a Firefox.

Nope. I said what I meant.  :)

modifying:
I said it wrong. Of course PM 24.3.2 is not identical to Ff 27. However, I have not yet had any kind of troubles with extensions on Pale Moon.

The problem is that Sticky Password's extension isn't just an .xpi. There are some DLLs, too, and those are a lot harder to modify to work with different versions of Firefox. The developer said they were going to make Sticky Password work with Pale Moon, but that was 18+ months ago.  :(

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2014, 11:35 PM »
One person (username: Zkoumidlo) claimed he was using Sticky Password with Pale Moon, but that's the only message he ever posted, and it somehow sounded a bit off to me.  If you nonetheless want to contact him (he sent his message on Dec. 2, 2013) you can find the thread at http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3487&p=20294&hilit=Sticky+Password#p20294

Yes, I had seen that, but I think it's a dead end. He said he was using Sticky Password. He never said he was using it successfully with Pale Moon. Still...maybe I'll experiment with the config files and see if I can work up a kludge.

I'd just move to Keepass, but I can't get it to work with my college's web site. :(

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Yes, I had seen that, but I think it's a dead end. He said he was using Sticky Password. He never said he was using it successfully with Pale Moon. Still...maybe I'll experiment with the config files and see if I can work up a kludge.

I'd just move to Keepass, but I can't get it to work with my college's web site. :(
I had assumed that if he bothered to join the Pale Moon forum, he was using Pale Moon.  Then again, perhaps he was just a Sticky Password fan boy.

At any rate, if you continue to look for an alternative, you can skip 1Password.  It too does not work with Pale Moon.  It's the only program I've tried to use that does not. 

On the whole, I've been happy with LastPass, happy enough that several years ago I upped my membership to Premium for $12/yr just to offer support.  More recently, I've found extra reasons for doing so: my Premium membership entitles me to use LastPass on my Nexus 7 tablet, and it also gets me especially prompt and attentive support when I've needed it.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2014, 11:02 AM »
At any rate, if you continue to look for an alternative, you can skip 1Password.  It too does not work with Pale Moon.  It's the only program I've tried to use that does not.

Looks like support for Pale Moon is going to be limited to solutions that use xpi-only code. I went over to the Sticky Password site to give them a nudge. I'm not too hopeful, though.

On the whole, I've been happy with LastPass, happy enough that several years ago I upped my membership to Premium for $12/yr just to offer support.

I'm not against paying, but subscription-ware irks me. It makes me feel like I'm renting, which in a way, I guess I would be.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Looks like support for Pale Moon is going to be limited to solutions that use xpi-only code. I went over to the Sticky Password site to give them a nudge. I'm not too hopeful, though.
I see that I posted this without saying what I had intended to about Pale Moon's limitations.  I don't know what programs other than Sticky Password you feel you can't use in Pale Moon.  My experience has been that it works with everything I've thrown at it except 1Password (which I wasn't really all that interested in, since I didn't think it was as good as LastPass).  I've not been limited to the Mozilla-site add-ons: for example, I got both Linkman and Surfulater to work with Pale Moon.

I'm not against paying, but subscription-ware irks me. It makes me feel like I'm renting, which in a way, I guess I would be.
For most people LastPass is absolutely free.  It costs nothing to use it in your computer's browser, and I did so for a while before deciding to send them $12/yr for Premium membership.  That was totally voluntary--I just wanted to send a little contribution to express my support.  They didn't ask that I do so.  It was only a few months ago, when I got an Android tablet, that the Premium membership was needed (and, of course, only if I wanted to use LastPass on the tablet).  Many people I know are not interested in having LastPass on their smartphones or tablets, and they use LastPass on their computers for free.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:42 AM by cyberdiva »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2014, 02:24 PM »
I don't know what programs other than Sticky Password you feel you can't use in Pale Moon.  My experience has been that it works with everything I've thrown at it except 1Password (which I wasn't really all that interested in, since I didn't think it was as good as LastPass).  I've not been limited to the Mozilla-site add-ons: for example, I got both Linkman and Surfulater to work with Pale Moon.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying I feel anything other than Sticky Password won't work with Pale Moon. I was just offering an explanation as to why SP wasn't working & while I haven't checked into it, I bet 1Password doesn't work for the same reason. I'm relieved Linkman will work as I'm getting ready to install it & I was hoping I wasn't going to run into any problems.

Seems the Sticky Password problem has resolved itself. Sometimes problems resolve themselves, but often not in a way that you'd like. Seems the thread in the Sticky Password forum that I added to regarding adding more browser support has been removed without notice or reason. Censorship is a good reason to take my business elsewhere. I almost paid to upgrade from v6 to v7 the other day, too. Ah well...money saved.

For most people LastPass is absolutely free.  It costs nothing to use it in your computer's browser, and I did so for a while before deciding to send them $12/yr for Premium membership.

Ah, but I'm not most people, Ms. Diva, but you've probably known me long enough to realize that. I use my mobile devices quite a bit so I'd need access to that password database while I was on the move. It's good to see that LastPass no longer limits the number of passwords saved for free accounts any longer, though.

They aren't very transparent on anything regarding their company, but that's a personal qualm so I'll leave that out of the discussion.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2014, 05:07 PM »
I was taking a look to palemoon. Even has a portable version.
I am using waterfox portable for 64 bit, but now have problems with some addons like GroupTabManager i use intensily.
with waterfox i use the profile from Firefox, but I would like to know if i can use in the same way unde palemoon.

Best Regards
 :-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2014, 05:46 PM »
I have see this : Pale Moon profile migration tool
but i have a special installation of mozilla firewall in "portable mode". I install in the system, but the configuration, addon and profile in a data disk.
So may be this utility is not for me.
I think waterfox has this advantage of share the configuration files. But the last version v.26 don't go well - and don't warning - with Group manager

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56 PM »
2014-02-18 15_45_28.pngWaterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 04:38 AM »
(see attachment in previous post)

Is it not possible anyway to share the configurations ?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20 PM »
2014-02-19 11_19_09.png

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21 PM »
(see attachment in previous post)

Understood 4wd . Best Regards
 :tellme:

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2014, 10:49 PM »
Seems the Sticky Password problem has resolved itself. Sometimes problems resolve themselves, but often not in a way that you'd like. Seems the thread in the Sticky Password forum that I added to regarding adding more browser support has been removed without notice or reason. Censorship is a good reason to take my business elsewhere. I almost paid to upgrade from v6 to v7 the other day, too. Ah well...money saved.

Looks like I need to post a retraction. My post was held for moderator approval, but unlike most forum software, the software they are using removes the entire thread when someone posts & the thread re-appears once the post has been approved. What a strange design decision, but I wanted to make sure it's known that they don't censor their forums. However, they do take a long while to approve new posts....

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Waterfox 27.0.1
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Waterfox is a high performance browser based on Mozilla Firefox

http://www.waterfoxp...ect.org/download.php or http://sourceforge.n...ojects/waterfoxproj/
Waterfox 27.0.1 Setup.exe 28.1MB Released on 2014-02-21
-SourceForge

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Waterfox 27.0.2
Released on 2014-03-05
-SourceForge
^wow, already?!! Is Waterfox the new black?
 :tellme: