ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (12/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
btw does anyone have a Pale Moon favorite reply saver thingy?  You are typing a reply to a post and the connection goes down along with all the text typed.-MilesAhead (December 08, 2013, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

You lose all the text when you hit Post/Preview if the connection is down?

I've just used the back button - just tried it now with the NIC disabled and all this text was still here.

Sometimes the text is lost but generally it survives.

BTW, what CPU is it ?
-4wd (December 08, 2013, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

CPU is E1-1200.

Yeah I've done back button before.  But I got a weirdy where DonationCoder site disappeared and the college page where you have to submit an email address zapped into its place.  I'm trying Lazarus.  Although I think it may conflict on forums with built in autosave like SevenForums.  I'll try it for a few days.  Almost anything is better than total erasure,

4wd:
CPU is E1-1200.-MilesAhead (December 08, 2013, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

AMD don't do Hyper-Threading - they're real cores and their internal GPUs will generally beat the hell out of Intel's comparative product.

I was looking at get a small APU powered notebook, (11-13" ish), for a while ... unfortunately spouse-inflicted constraints came into effect  :(

EDIT: Just installed Form History Control to see how it goes.

MilesAhead:
AMD don't do Hyper-Threading
--- End quote ---
  I tried a new system info utility and that's what it said.  Since then I looked it up on AMD.  I haven't done anything intensive yet.  My video conversion days are done.  Eventually I'll likely do some small vc++ compiles on it.  Right now I'm kind of lazy even to do the ahk stuff.  I have to get back into the swing of it.  :)

cyberdiva:
btw does anyone have a Pale Moon favorite reply saver thingy?  You are typing a reply to a post and the connection goes down along with all the text typed.  I tried one in FF but it seemed klunky(and I don't remember the name of it.)
-MilesAhead (December 08, 2013, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
I highly recommend the free add-on Lazarus.  I've used it for several years on both Firefox and Pale Moon, and it has saved me many times.  I haven't tried the newest version (3), since version 2.3 works well with Pale Moon and I've seen no need to change.

MilesAhead:
btw does anyone have a Pale Moon favorite reply saver thingy?  You are typing a reply to a post and the connection goes down along with all the text typed.  I tried one in FF but it seemed klunky(and I don't remember the name of it.)
-MilesAhead (December 08, 2013, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
I highly recommend the free add-on Lazarus.  I've used it for several years on both Firefox and Pale Moon, and it has saved me many times.  I haven't tried the newest version (3), since version 2.3 works well with Pale Moon and I've seen no need to change.
-cyberdiva (December 08, 2013, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.  I'm using it in PM now.  So far so good.   :Thmbsup:

Edit: when I say "it" I mean Lazarus 2.3 that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version