ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (8/19) > >>

Curt:
Waterfox is 16.01 and FF is 16.02 -MilesAhead (October 30, 2012, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Waterfox is still 16.01, but Firefox is now 18.
Should I worry for the future of Waterfox?
 :tellme:

tomos:
--- End quote ---

-Curt (January 17, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

sure that's only a couple of minor updates behind ;-)

(seriously though, I dont know)

40hz:
--- End quote ---

-Curt (January 17, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

sure that's only a couple of minor updates behind ;-)

(seriously though, I dont know)
-tomos (January 17, 2013, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd take it more as a plus. :P  Mozilla's new "rush to release" marketing-driven dev cycle has been mostly a hassle for many Firefox users as far as I'm concerned.

And even if it weren't, I wouldn't be too concerned since a version "year" only lasts about three months at the rate the Moz Foundation is going. ;D

cyberdiva:
dr_andus, I too am using Firefox (18.0) on Win 7 64-bit, and I had no trouble connecting to the URL you gave.  I also read my Gmail earlier today.  I have noticed that everything seems slower today, but that's not just when I'm using Firefox.  Perhaps some of my neighbors may be doing major downloads, or the stars in the heavens are misaligned, or . . .  Anyway, it may be that the problem you're having is only on your computer, not something affecting Firefox more generally.

dr_andus:
cyberdiva - thanks. The thing is my access via Chrome or IE is fast, it seems only Waterfox is having difficulty. I thought I also tried Firefox but now when I try to launch Firefox Waterfox takes over and I don't seem to be able to run Firefox alongside it. But otherwise my internet access is fine.

I really wonder if I messed something up by running CCleaner and not shutting Waterfox down. CCleaner usually forces browsers to be closed down to clear the cache, so I'm even surprised it was able to run with Waterfox open.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version