ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (3/19) > >>

Curt:
Waterfox is a x64 build of Firefox, I've been using it for a while ...-4wd (January 22, 2012, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

first launch error message: >The program could not start because MSVCR100.dll is missing.<
 :tellme:

Edited:
Okay; I found it in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
 :up:

superboyac:
Waterfox is fast!  And regular firefox addons work??  Cool.

MilesAhead:
Waterfox is 16.01 and FF is 16.02 so is it up to date afa latest security whatever?

I'm going to try it. How can I resist a 64 bit browser written in C++? I'm waiting for the download to complete.

MilesAhead:
Not very encouraging.  The installer crashed with "The Application ran into a problem I couldn't handle. Sorry for the inconvenience."

And this splash screen popped up behind the install dialog.

MilesAhead:
Not very encouraging.  The installer crashed with "The Application ran into a problem I couldn't handle. Sorry for the inconvenience."

And this splash screen popped up behind the install dialog.

-MilesAhead (October 30, 2012, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. Just like FF, if you select Custom Install instead of Typical, it craps out!! Hah hah hah

I'm on it now after doing Typical install. Seems SyncPlaces worked. But it did kind of hang a turn blue for a disconcerting about of time.  At least it came up with all my bookmark toolbar folders etc..

So time to surf and see if this thing flies. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version