ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (16/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
For what it's worth I find Firefox 27.01 Portable very snappy. Of course I'm on a Laptop not a quad or 8 core machine. But I really can't detect the difference.  I use Pale Moon more because it's installed and can be easily set as the default.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

cyberdiva:
Well, that didn't last long.  >:(

Sticky Password is not compatible with Pale Moon.
-Innuendo (February 15, 2014, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use LastPass, so I haven't run into this problem, since LP works with all my browsers (PM, FF, Opera, and IE) and with my Android tablet.  I took a look at the Pale Moon forum to see whether there was any mention of Sticky Password.  There were a few messages, most of which said it wouldn't work with Pale Moon.  One person (username: Zkoumidlo) claimed he was using Sticky Password with Pale Moon, but that's the only message he ever posted, and it somehow sounded a bit off to me.  If you nonetheless want to contact him (he sent his message on Dec. 2, 2013) you can find the thread at http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3487&p=20294&hilit=Sticky+Password#p20294

Contro:
Waterfox is a x64 build of Firefox, I've been using it for a while after Pale Moon x64 was giving me some strange problems.  Pale Moon directory structure was also different to Firefox's, this was good for those times when programs expected to just dump things onto Firefox, (toolbars, bookmarks, etc), because they couldn't find the directories, (thus assumed no browser), but not so good when you were trying to get some plugin to work.

So far I haven't found any problems with using Waterfox over Firefox.