ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (11/19) > >>

cyberdiva:
I'm not sure how Waterfox differs from other Firefox clones.  I've been running PaleMoon for a while now, after a Firefox update wreaked havoc with my setup.  I've been delighted with PaleMoon, which accepted all my Firefox add-ons and which can run at the same time as Firefox if I wish.  And unlike one earlier report in this thread, I've had no problem doing e-commerce with PaleMoon.  One of the things I like most about PaleMoon is the extremely helpful participation of the developer in the forum.   :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Hmm, now that Waterfox runs like crap on this W8 machine I wonder if Pale Moon will run well?  I tried it on my HP desktop running Vistax64 and it didn't like it.  This Laptop isn't a real dual core.  It's a hyper-threading deal.  Maybe that's why a lot of the browsers seem to hang up when the network is jittery.  So far Opera 64 bit has been very nice on this Lappy.

edit: I looked up the CPU and I guess it is dual core.  I tried a new hw info program,WinAudit, and it said only logical cores hyper-threading.  So much for that theory.  :)

MilesAhead:
I'm giving Pale Moon x64 a try just for grins.  :)

Edit: so far it's definitely snappier than Waterfox.  I'll see how it goes. :)

MilesAhead:
btw does anyone have a Pale Moon favorite reply saver thingy?  You are typing a reply to a post and the connection goes down along with all the text typed.  I tried one in FF but it seemed klunky(and I don't remember the name of it.)

4wd:
btw does anyone have a Pale Moon favorite reply saver thingy?  You are typing a reply to a post and the connection goes down along with all the text typed.-MilesAhead (December 08, 2013, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

You lose all the text when you hit Post/Preview if the connection is down?

I've just used the back button - just tried it now with the NIC disabled and all this text was still here.

Sometimes the text is lost but generally it survives.

BTW, what CPU is it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version