Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 01:36:31 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: We Are Legion Documentary - Anonymous  (Read 4619 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »

I've posted in the past on Anonymous here and here.

Now they have a documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLegionDoc

http://wearelegionthedocumentary.com/

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

Dumb move on their part doing that documentary IMO. Dropping the gauntlet is seldom a wise move when confronting a government or law enforcement unless you have the general public at least 90% behind you.  Cool

Far smarter would have been to set up a totally separate PR 'front' to handle their publicity.

That's the way professional revolutionaries handle it. Having your own separate press office allows you to get your message out there while still maintaining plausible deniability in the event something goes south - or you get set up in a classic agent provocateur scenario by a government or corporation.

It's also not a good idea to show up in public at all any more. Especially since you can now be arrested, held indefinitely without charges or legal counsel, interrogated at will, bled dry, and then quietly flushed down a toilet once you've exhausted your limited usefulness. And all without anyone being the wiser, or able to help you.

And if you think that's bad, just imagine how much worse it will be if they arrest you in one the non-Western democracies.

There are much worse things than dying. And there are people who can do all of them to you.

So don't insist on making yourself an easy target. And if you do, remember the wisdom of the poet: Servo permaneo bovis provestri!
 tellme
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:37:04 PM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

Strategy aside, I like it thumbs up The world could use a few more Robin Hoods me thinks.
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong. I like it too. But I can't help thinking of a T-shirt I saw. It said: Sure! Uzis are a LOT more fun. But they only piss off the zombies. You're much better off with a good pair of running shoes and a secret hideout if you REALLY want to fight them.
 Grin

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »

I'm more a fan of having a shotgun (same coverage with less bullets) and a fast car. However a well hidden base of operations does make for a good place to reload.

...Unless we can get one of those A-Team vans, then both are covered and it's just an issue of parking.  cheesy
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

I'm more a fan of having a shotgun (same coverage with less bullets) and a fast car. However a well hidden base of operations does make for a good place to reload.

...Unless we can get one of those A-Team vans, then both are covered and it's just an issue of parking.  cheesy

Ooooo! Can we?!! Can we?!!!

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »

Ooooo! Can we?!! Can we?!!!

Sure! Oh and to clarify what counts as a proper shotgun for the "job":

Remember: The key to winning the Zombie Apocalypse is to stock-up on ammo while the first wave is eating the cops. Wink
Renegade
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »

PR? Not sure. It might work well for them to get out the message and convert people to their way of thinking.

We'll see though.

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »

It's a very difficult gambit. It's playing right back into the Universal Terrorist meme.

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »

It's a very difficult gambit. It's playing right back into the Universal Terrorist meme.

Bingo! Give the man a prize.

Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »

Not sure still... I still see them as freedom-fighters. I don't see any terrorism. I see liberation... Maybe I'm just an idiot...

OH! I've seen the light! Yes... Ignorance is strength! War is peace...  undecided

40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »

Not sure still... I still see them as freedom-fighters. I don't see any terrorism. I see liberation... Maybe I'm just an idiot...

OH! I've seen the light! Yes... Ignorance is strength! War is peace...  undecided

Patriot/Freedom Fighter = successful revolutionary.

Traitor/Terrorist = unsuccessful revolutionary.

The tactics don't change. The collateral sufferings are real. And very often, the reprisals and "payback" continue long after one side attains complete victory.

But the winning side gets to tell the 'official' story. And put the spin on it.

--------------

Nice reflection on the subject here.

Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »

OH! I've seen the light! Yes... Ignorance is strength! War is peace...  undecided

Patriot/Freedom Fighter = successful revolutionary.

Traitor/Terrorist = unsuccessful revolutionary.

The tactics don't change. The collateral sufferings are real. And very often, the reprisals and "payback" continue long after one side attains complete victory.

But the winning side gets to tell the 'official' story. And put the spin on it.
 (see attachment in previous post)
--------------

Nice reflection on the subject here.

Love that graphic! It pretty much nails it.

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »

Short version of that is one of my favorite sayings: History is written by the victor.
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »

Short version of that is one of my favorite sayings: History is written by the victor.
Though it is a bit off-topic, I have to point out two things, lest we forget:
(a) That the history then seems to get forgotten if it is not taught in schools.
(b) That the general truth of your statement doesn't seem to have stopped various Fascist or police states from attempting to rewrite the history that shows what they have done in the name of their religio-political ideologies.
For example:
If you need more info, see here.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »

Though it is a bit off-topic, I have to point out two things, lest we forget:
(a) That the history then seems to get forgotten if it is not taught in schools.
(b) That the general truth of your statement doesn't seem to have stopped various Fascist or police states from attempting to rewrite the history that shows what they have done in the name of their religio-political ideologies.

I never said it wasn't an ongoing battle... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.14 ]