ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I came to a conclusion this morning...

<< < (7/7)

Deozaan:
I'm not that old (or so I keep insisting) and I've long since lost the love of turning another year older. I don't usually completely space my birthday but perhaps that's because, like your friend, someone will remind me. I'll tell you though, I've had a hard time keeping track of my age since I was 19.
-Deozaan (January 25, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
That might be a symptom of thinking you're secretly immortal - or at least not truly believeing you aren't.
-40hz (January 25, 2012, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure that's an accurate diagnosis of my situation. I was very aware of my mortality at 19. Just ask the doctors who treated me for suicidality/depression. It was not a good year for me and my memory hasn't been the same since.

I've had a hard time keeping track of my age since I was 19.
-Deozaan (January 25, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Don't worry, it'll all come back to you when you turn 20...
-cranioscopical (January 25, 2012, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D I sure hope so. :Thmbsup:

tomos:
[...] and my memory hasn't been the same since.
-Deozaan (January 26, 2012, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

hopefully you're otherwise doing okay!

Re the drinking underage,
there was a tradition where I lived, or was it where I drank :-\ - anyways, there was a tradition to go on the piss the night before your 18th birthday (legal drinking age). They were very lax about enforcement...

40hz:
So... I waited another year ... When they decided to repeat the same friggin stunt, again...and raised the drinking age to 21. Needless to say, I was pissed.-Stoic Joker (January 25, 2012, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
So, you really hadn't waited at all  ;D
-cranioscopical (January 25, 2012, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've always had a tendency to bend the rules...till they snap. ;)
-Stoic Joker (January 25, 2012, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny...I have a tendency to try to follow them - until I snap.  ;D

40hz:
Just ask the doctors who treated me for suicidality/depression.
-Deozaan (January 26, 2012, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amazing the number of people in the technical & coding professions (or who are computer enthusiasts) who suffer from clinical levels of depression.

I wonder why that is.  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version