ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

what kind of keyboard you use?

<< < (3/14) > >>

zridling:
Same here — MS Natural Keyboard Multimedia. Love it, and every time I love something, a corporation kills it. Microsoft no longer makes it. I used to buy two keyboards, but by the time one wore out, there was something better and cheaper. Anyone remember the heavy duty North___(?) keyboards? They were awesome.

masu:
Benq X-Touch 122

Hirudin:
I'm using a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard. It's awesome, it's got a few multimedia keys (play/pause, stop, previous, next, and a volume knob), a normal layout, and 18 extra programmable keys on the left for macros and whatnot. The extra keys change their function based on what program you have open (so the key "G1" does one function in Firefox, and another in Fear). Oh yeah, it's also got an LCD screen that can display all kinds of system/application info: like track/play info from winamp, or cpu and ram usage.
Oh yeah again, it has a USB 1.1 ( :( ) hub built in, and it's also lighted, but not in the normal way. The actual letters on the keys glow blue, it's really cool looking in the dark!

I would prefer a "natural layout" but switching between natural and normal between work and home was annoying.

jgpaiva, I have my mouse set up similar to yours, but instead of multimedia I have it setup for firefox. The scroll down button closes tabs, scroll up button minimizes the window, scroll left and right switch tabs left and right, back and forward do their default commands, and the switch app button closes windows. It's an increadible time saver!

jgpaiva:
jgpaiva, I have my mouse set up similar to yours, but instead of multimedia I have it setup for firefox. The scroll down button closes tabs, scroll up button minimizes the window, scroll left and right switch tabs left and right, back and forward do their default commands, and the switch app button closes windows. It's an increadible time saver!-Hirudin (March 29, 2006, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that post didn't get much attention because i simply can't communicate as well as i'd like to.
Actually, i don't have my mouse set up like that. That's a thing I invented, mouse can act just normal, it only has that layout when you press one combination, that activates "multimedia mouse", which means, that you can use your mouse as normal, and then, when you press the combination that activates that mode, the mouse buttons are bound to those functions. You press the combination again, and the mouse buttons act like they act usually.

I also have many mouse gestures in opera, for opening tabs, closing tabs, cycling tabs, opening in new pages, go page back, go page forward, etc,etc,etc, but this doesn't interfeer with it, only when i activate the mode, to pause the music, or something. Usually, i only activate it to use one function, and then, do the combination again to use my mouse as i do always ;)

ps: sorry to be nagging you, but the first time you read my post, did you understand that it worked like i explained here?

Hirudin:
I did understood the way it worked from your first description, and your new one makes it perfectly clear!

I guess mine isn't actually similar, since I can't change mine on the fly. I guess I was commenting more on the great time-saver mouse buttons can be if you can change their function.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version