ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

what kind of keyboard you use?

<< < (11/14) > >>

superboyac:
Since no one has mentioned it, I'd like to bring up the future of keyboards.  It uses my new favorite thing, organic LED (OLED).  OLED is really cool because when the light is off, you can't even tell there's light there, so it blends in the surroundings.  Not many things use it now, but my new minidisc player uses it and it's sooo nice looking.  Anyway, here is a keyboard that uses it, and what's great is that each key has an OLED screen on it's surface and depending on the application you're using on the computer, the keys will change to show different things.  No more need for keyboard templates, special gaming keyboards, etc.  So cool!

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

jgpaiva:
Since no one has mentioned it, I'd like to bring up the future of keyboards.  It uses my new favorite thing, organic LED (OLED).  OLED is really cool because when the light is off, you can't even tell there's light there, so it blends in the surroundings.  Not many things use it now, but my new minidisc player uses it and it's sooo nice looking.  Anyway, here is a keyboard that uses it, and what's great is that each key has an OLED screen on it's surface and depending on the application you're using on the computer, the keys will change to show different things.  No more need for keyboard templates, special gaming keyboards, etc.  So cool!
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/
-superboyac (April 19, 2006, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok.. I didn't know about that. It's just perfect! I wish i had one of those.. No more RTI :D

brotherS:
Since no one has mentioned it, I'd like to bring up the future of keyboards.  It uses my new favorite thing, organic LED (OLED).
-superboyac (April 19, 2006, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
I prefer to say OLEDs are a future of keyboards, not *the* :) A tiny, but important difference ;) I think it's a safe bet to say that regular keyboards will still be around for many years.

OLED is really cool because when the light is off, you can't even tell there's light there, so it blends in the surroundings.  Not many things use it now, but my new minidisc player uses it and it's sooo nice looking.

--- End quote ---
Could you post an URL that has pictures please?

superboyac:
I prefer to say OLEDs are a future of keyboards, not *the* :) A tiny, but important difference ;) I think it's a safe bet to say that regular keyboards will still be around for many years.
OLED is really cool because when the light is off, you can't even tell there's light there, so it blends in the surroundings.  Not many things use it now, but my new minidisc player uses it and it's sooo nice looking.

--- End quote ---
Could you post an URL that has pictures please?
-brotherS (April 20, 2006, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yeah, that's what I meant of course.  And let's not forget how expensive this keyboard will be at first, at least a couple of hundred bucks, I'm assuming.

Here's some links to the OLED minidisc players.  I just got the orange version of this one, but this guy has great pictures:
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9326

There's another minidisc player that comes out tomorrow in Japan that is supposedly the king of all of these new units, and it employs an OLED screen also, but much smaller than the one above.  Here's a link to that:
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=14814

I haven't seen any other practical applications of OLED yet.  I hear it's used as a gimmick in some alarm clocks.  There are some prototype stuff out there like a OLED monitor, a flexible OLED newspaper that can be rolled up.  So minidisc seems to be the only real useful application of it so far.

jgpaiva:
I've just found out about AlphaGrips.
Has anyone actually seen one of these?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version