topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: for the dual monitor dudes  (Read 6204 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
for the dual monitor dudes
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:37 AM »
found this from a link from a link at digg.com

http://www.mandolux.com/

very nice dual monitor wallpapers at many resolutions.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: for the dual monitor dudes
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Thanks! Already got one for myself! :)

ps: for those reading this post withou dual-screen layout, you should know there also are some interesting one-screen wallpapers there.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:47 PM »
sorry off-topic, can someone point me to a web-site with a good guide for setting-up a system with two monitors, with Geforce cards... i know i should be asking in a geforce forum but i've become so complacent with the friendly and helpful folks here... ;)

ok, end off-topic...

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:25 AM »
what's the actual problem, lanux128?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:55 AM »
what's the actual problem, lanux128?

actually i haven't started yet, therefore i want to have a handy reference before taking the plunge... ;)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:03 AM »
if you've played around with the settings for a single monitor (resolution, etc.) you shouldn't really have a problem setting up dual monitors. the options are in the same place for single and dual monitor support, i.e. display properties > settings tab.

that will get the basics done for you anyway. there are other things you can play around with but the process of plugging a second monitor in and getting it to display is quite simple.

beyond that there are other features that you may use like sending windows to different monitors by using the 'nview' options.

the only other thing i'd point out is that there is a little program that lies hidden away in the nvidea program folder that allows you to set various configurations for monitor views. this allows you to quickly turn on or off the displays and change a few other settings. unfortunately i can't remember the name of it as i'm away from my home computer at the moment.

i'd just plug 'em in if i were you, i'm sure you'd have it all working within a few minutes.

noth(a)nk.you

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • More than meets the eye.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Some of those wallpapers are pretty neat--thanks!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:50 PM »
i'd just plug 'em in if i were you, i'm sure you'd have it all working within a few minutes.

tks, nudone for the info. but i'd like ask an additional question, if i plug-in two video cards - one into agp the other, pci - which will be Window's main card? this is what bothering me because the other card (pci) is quite low-end...

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 02:52 AM »
i can't say for certain but when i tried a few years ago what you are describing i 'think' the agp remained the dominant card. maybe this sort of thing depends on the bios setting - there's usually an option for main display device but whether that would help i really can't say.

(if you don't encounter any problems) you can always select from inside windows how you want the two graphics cards to be treated, i.e. which will have the 'main' monitor on it.

i still think if you just plug everything in you'll be up and running within a short period of time. your low end pci card should be detected automatically and if a suitable set of drivers aren't found by windows, you should still be able to see that things are working albeit in a low resolution and colour space.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 03:12 AM »
...your low end pci card should be detected automatically and if a suitable set of drivers aren't found by windows, you should still be able to see that things are working albeit in a low resolution and colour space.

tks, nudone. will try out tonite. if you don't hear from me, then all went well... :Thmbsup:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 02:30 AM »
tks to nudone for the encouragement in setting-up a dual-monitor system...
now as a happy user, i post this link to which has more cool dual-screen wallpapers -> http://www.digitalbl...es/dualscreen1.shtml