ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Icon not displayed in standard warning popup window (Win7x64)

<< < (2/3) > >>

J-Mac:
Not here. I'm running a new Windows 7 Pro64-bit  with a GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB) graphics card.

Jim

MerleOne:
Not here. I'm running a new Windows 7 Pro64-bit  with a GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB) graphics card.

Jim
-J-Mac (January 20, 2012, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then I guess it's another of those Win7x64 "features".... ;)

4wd:
This is probably the same sort of bug as the disappearing tray icons.

That can be fixed, (albeit temporarily), by restarting explorer.exe - have tried that?

MerleOne:
Thanks. I am not sure on how to restart Explorer.exe and it reverts to this behavior after a short while anyway.  Since it's a non blocking issue, I can wait some more time for Microsoft to solve it (in Win7, not Win8 !).  But now the question would be : is Microsoft aware of this issue and how to report it to them ? 

4wd:
Thanks. I am not sure on how to restart Explorer.exe .....-MerleOne (January 24, 2012, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Run Task Manager, click the Processes tab, right-click the explorer.exe task and select End Process and hit OK.
Select File->New Task (Run...).
Type in explorer.exe and hit OK.

I can wait some more time for Microsoft to solve it (in Win7, not Win8 !).
--- End quote ---

The disappearing Tray icons "feature" has been there an awful long time, (since XP).....how long do you want to wait?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version