ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

As a counter-point to the SOPA/PIPA demonstration

<< < (17/21) > >>

40hz:
What I find so amazing about all of this is how the media industry and their congressional lap dogs still don't understand the context that any of this is happening in - or exactly what the blackout day was saying.

I ran into this article at Forbes magazine. It's by Larry Downes and it's called: Who Really Stopped SOPA, and Why? (Web over to read it. Forbes get's pissy about quoting their text.)

I find it funny how the utra pro-capitalist and politically conservative Forbes magazine sees what's going on - and Hollywood and Washington still can't.

Or more likely won't. :-\

Stoic Joker:
I ran into this article at Forbes magazine. It's by Larry Downes and it's called: Who Really Stopped SOPA, and Why?-40hz (January 30, 2012, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damn! I loved the Declaration of Cyber Independence bit. We the planet says no (hehe).

superboyac:

I find it funny how the utra pro-capitalist and politically conservative Forbes magazine sees what's going on - and Hollywood and Washington still can't.

Or more likely won't. :-\

-40hz (January 30, 2012, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah...the last part.  I turn in disgust whenever I sense that someone arguing this case can't see the gray-ness of the issue.

IainB:
Well, looks like the government there is looking to delete the evidence...
https://rt.com/news/usa-megaupload-files-prosecutors-031/
You have to wonder... Why would you delete the evidence? Hmmm...
-Renegade (January 30, 2012, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't destruction of evidence by police in a pending trial be a Federal offence? I don't understand that.
Usually the people who would be interested in the destruction of evidence would be the people being charged - because the evidence provides grounds (evidence) for the charges.
That would be Mr Dotcom in this case, I presume, so it doesn't make sense here. Maybe the shady MPAA or the FBI or whoever has been pushing this thing as a major crime could actually be targeting something "hidden". For example, (say), maybe the objective is the expunging of a file or set of files in Megaupload's databases that could have some seriously incriminating evidence of another crime/crimes.

A useful question to ask if something - e.g., an artificially created situation or a deliberate action - do not make rational sense is:
"Under what conditions would this situation/action make sense?"
--- End quote ---

Lashiec:
Well, looks like the government there is looking to delete the evidence...

https://rt.com/news/usa-megaupload-files-prosecutors-031/

You have to wonder... Why would you delete the evidence? Hmmm...
-Renegade (January 30, 2012, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, I say...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version