ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

As a counter-point to the SOPA/PIPA demonstration

<< < (7/21) > >>

Renegade:
Fact is that humans have limited amounts of energy/resources, and when they are overwhelming consumed by just trying to get by, well... go figure. They don't have time/energy/resources to do the work needed to become informed about politics.

When everything runs from 9 to 5, and they're at work, they have no opportunity to do anything. They're excluded from participating because they need to work to live.-Renegade (January 20, 2012, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. Now compound that by the convoluted manner in which the issues are addresses during election debates/interviews. The one classic example that always stuck with me was when ABC's Charlie Gibson interviewed Sara Palin. He asked her a simple direct Yes-on-No question. She responded by babbling for 10 minutes straight, and never once said yes, no, or even addressed the friggin question. Charlie countered by re-asking he exact same question and directly specified that he was looking for a Yes-or-No reply. Her response? 10 more minutes of distracted puppet shit.

When a politician answers a direct question the only thing that can be guaranteed...Is that nobody in the room will have the slightest clue what the fuck their talking about. Because it's just one long string of complete bullshit.

Now let one of us try that shit in a court of law... HA!

I want to see politicians subjected to the exact same treatment that any other crackhead junkie whore would be given if they got evasive in court. <-- Senator... If the next word out of your mouth isn't either yes...or no ... Your ass is going to jail for somewhere between 90 days and whenever I damn well feel like you've learned your lesson. --> Now that's a government that fears its people.
-Stoic Joker (January 20, 2012, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

A-F*****G-MEN BROTHER~!

I do have to give credit where it is due though... I was simply blown away when I first heard Ron Paul. I shit myself. I couldn't believe what I heard.

Check out the debates with him. You'll get some wanker trying to trap him with a loaded question, but he corrects the question, then answers it damn fast.

Right now, there are 3 politicians that I would count among those I would love to... uh... let's skip that part... those 3 are Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Bernie Sanders.

Heck, I'm not even American. (Canadian) I have a very deep respect for the American Constitution. It's a deeply moving document that if you really understand it (or even a small portion of it), and you really understand history (even a small portion of the 20th century), there's nothing to do but cry.

I just have so much respect for those 3 men. They are real heroes.

tranglos:
2) They're not going to get a fair trial. It is imperative that these people receive due process.
-Renegade (January 20, 2012, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Extradition hearings should be interesting.

Union Carbide (now owned by Dow) is guilty of one of the biggest environmental catastrophes of all time and nothing significant has happened to them. Nothing.

--- End quote ---

What you said.

I'd like to see some rule of law applied. But... That's too much to ask. I know... I'm a radical freak. I believe in equality and the rule of law and other insane concepts like that...  :-\

--- End quote ---

You're a radical, terrorist-sympathizer leftie! Welcome to the club, there's plenty of room.

To add just one more example - when Muammar Gaddafi was on the run, Europol (or was it Interpol?) sent out a WANTED notice, level orange, which means "pretty important". The same "wanted" notice for Julian Assange was level red.

Renegade:
Well, the censorship continues:

http://rt.com/news/iranian-presstv-license-revoked-333/

Britain has revoked the press license of Iran-based English language broadcaster Press TV, accusing it of violating press regulations. But some say the decision was really motivated by British geopolitical interests.

The Office of Communications (Ofcom), a government-approved watchdog overseeing broadcasting and telecommunications in the UK, says the channel does not control its content.

It also says the channel’s license should be held by its office in Tehran, not London, since its editorial control is clearly coming from the Iranian capital.

In addition, Press TV is accused of not paying a fine of £100,000 ($156,000) for airing an interview with an imprisoned journalist in 2009.
--- End quote ---

They're playing games and flat out censoring PressTV. They're just making excuses.

Like, how the heck do you get fined for airing news or an interview?

This really, truly is a BIG DEAL. It's purely aimed at killing dissent as they prepare for war.

Who here ever thought that they'd see this kind of censorship when they were in high school reading books like Fahrenheit 451?

Edit:
From Press TV: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/222122.html

rgdot:
We are almost at the end of a dangerous path <--- for the first time this statement is not even remotely alarmist anymore

TaoPhoenix:
  >:(
-Renegade (January 20, 2012, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

You were too generous with your smiley.
 :deal:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version