ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

As a counter-point to the SOPA/PIPA demonstration

<< < (5/21) > >>

tranglos:
...and whoa, the indictment contains details of the "conspiracy members' " (aka Megaupload staff) private conversations and private emails to each other. That's before any boxes were seized or defendants questioned.

Renegade:
...and whoa, the indictment contains details of the "conspiracy members' " (aka Megaupload staff) private conversations and private emails to each other. That's before any boxes were seized or defendants questioned.
-tranglos (January 20, 2012, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

All the more reason to have secure email. They're spying on everyone. There have been a few whistle blowers over the years reporting that.

What I'd like to see is a criminal suit filed against the US prosecutor's office for denial of service. :P hahahahahahaa~!

Ok, that was just silly. It's like asking for war criminals on the winning team to be prosecuted. :P (That was serious.)

Stoic Joker:

As a sidenote, the Anonymous have responded. Try accessing www.justice.gov or www.universalmusic.com now.
-tranglos (January 19, 2012, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a good start. I'm all in favor of a scorched earth response from the masses.
-Stoic Joker (January 19, 2012, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Assuming, of course, that it really was anonymous and not a staged bit of sponsored legerdemain designed to hammer home to all the regular citizens (who may be asking thorny questions about SOPA/PIPA by now) just how much danger we're really in.

At this stage of the game, I don't put anything past 'the industry' - or their paid government lapdogs. (Just like how the terrorist threat level always seemed to suddenly go up to 'amber' any time public opposition to The Patriot Act started heating up.)

And considering the timing of all of this? Yeah right! As wraith808 already observed.

Dunno. My sneaky, devious, dirty trick detecting BS-Tricorder has all it's tattletales glowing red right now...
-40hz (January 19, 2012, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood (and quite plausible). I've just always had a rather seething hatred for the silver tonged shadow shit. I detest politics...and politicians. I prefer to keep the fighting in the streets where it (belongs) is honest and fair.

kyrathaba:
I agree that 2012 will be pivotal. The hideous shadow of world government is looming. It's becoming (well, has been becoming for years) a world of sheeple ruled by the elite.

40hz:

Ahem... Since when do "American authorities" have jurisdiction in New Zealand?

-Renegade (January 19, 2012, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently since whenever it was New Zealand's authorities decided to give it to them.

Does anyone get where this is going? Global police? Police state? Police planet?

--- End quote ---

Police Planet? Yup. Sounds about right. And I'll bet it's gonna become the hottest cop 'reality' show on the Discovery Channel this fall if things continue in the direction they're going.

At which point they'll probably make discussions like this one illegal - if conducted on the web. :-\

I find it funny how so many people find storm trooper tactics amusing and fascinating. And how they'll defend them. Right up until the moment they get their own doors kicked down.
 :(

@StoicJoker- In the streets?

As a counter-point to the SOPA/PIPA demonstration

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version