ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

A couple questions about Launchbar.

(1/2) > >>

Dochappy:
I love the program and with the newest version docking has become great. I'm having trouble getting  LBC to act the way I want it and haven't been able to figure out a way to fix it.

I took a screenshot of my setup so the questions will make more sense lol.
Screenshot - 1_18_2012 , 4_06_54 PM.png (1574.79 kB. 1152x864 - viewed 305 times.)

Question 1: I'm trying to get the  dock color to match the color of my taskbar but no matter what I change in the skinning options the color stays the same. Is it possible to get it to match ?

Question 2: The last two icons are folders, one for my downloads and the other for  my writing. How can I change it so when I click the icon  the folder opens instead of showing the contents like it was a menu?

Question 3: when I add shortcuts to the bar and save. when I try to click  on the icons to load the application nothing happens. when I check the path  it's totally different than what the shortcut is so I have to manually change. No big problem just wondering if it's a bug ?

Question 4: Can I make the icons bigger. I have them set to large right now.

thank you for making an app like this it's great

mouser:
Question 1:
If you open up options/preferences and select the dock node, you'll see some options for color -- can you screenshot me that page and what's not working as expected there?

Question 2 is easy:
Simply add the folder path as a COMMAND node, instead of telling LBC to show folder contents.

Question 3:
Can you give me an example?

Question 4:
I'm afraid large is as big as it can go, currently; i'm looking into supporting larger sizes.

Dochappy:
Question 1: Now  that I have been through the options and colors I think I'll have to use an image to get the launchbar to have the save gradient look as my windows taskbar. Problem is I'm not sure what size I should use for the image.
Question 2: I set both the folder shortcuts to command node but now nothing happens when I click them
Question 3: this problem seems to cleared itself up. It seemed to happend to my MS Word shortcut the most but after a restart its back to normal.
 I have  one other query. Is it possible to make the portion of the dock background that has icons to be a color while the unused portion of the dock background is transparent ? hopefully the screenshot will help show what I'm talking  about if not I'll try to describe it better.
Thank you for the help.

mouser:
Is it possible to make the portion of the dock background that has icons to be a color while the unused portion of the dock background is transparent ?
--- End quote ---

This has been asked for by others -- this or to make the dock centered and only tall or wide enough to cover button area.  I am going to try to do this.

mouser:
Question 2: I set both the folder shortcuts to command node but now nothing happens when I click them
--- End quote ---

you need to put the directory in the field labeled "Application/Command"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version