ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC going offline to protest SOPA on Jan 18

<< < (14/16) > >>

crabby3:
We are going offline on January 18 to protest the SOPA bill.

I always wonder how much good such things do, but we stand with our brothers and sisters at Wikipedia, and they have determined that a blackout protest is important -- so we will join with them.

You can read more about the blackout here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative#Summary_and_conclusion

See also the earlier discussion on this DC thread.
-mouser (January 17, 2012, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a brief mention of the blackout protest here. Under: 'Here comes the sun...'
I'm just glad I missed it because I may not have rediscovered DC and your Great Forum!   :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:

So was it worth it?

How do we feel about slowing down SOPA but we mostly missed the boat on ACTA?

Renegade:
So was it worth it?

How do we feel about slowing down SOPA but we mostly missed the boat on ACTA?

-TaoPhoenix (January 31, 2012, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Horrible... :(

ACTA was written in secret with a few leaks, and signed last year by some traitors -- Canada, Australia, US, UK, South Korea (I think there are a few others -- not 100% sure here and too lazy to look it up right now) -- and being... oh god... what does it matter. Please just nuke the whole planet now. Why the slow descent into madness? Let's just get it over with...

40hz:
It's always darkest before the dawn.

And the last act of a dying institution is to publish a bigger and more comprehensive rule book.

But there's nothing so big and unstoppable that you can't knock it flat on its ass.

It's only become a bigger chore, not an impossible one. And this is far from over.   :) 8)

Stoic Joker:
Please just nuke the whole planet now. Why the slow descent into madness? Let's just get it over with...-Renegade (January 31, 2012, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Damnit man! Not until December! We can't be jumping the gun .... If we blow the planet too early the roaches won't be ready to sign the new lease ... And god knows who'll try to take over then (probably another bunch of stupid monkeys...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version