topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Uhuru Software  (Read 2694 times)

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uhuru Software
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:03 AM »
I just read about this open source project at http://uhurusoftware.com/.  Looks really cool if it works and you are a .Net developer.  It is designed to allow VisualStudio and any .Net code to work with VMware's Cloud Foundry PaaS offering, though from what I read, it should work with pretty much any service, not just Cloud Foundry.  VMware also released their MicroCloud platform - essentially it is a single machine instance of Cloud Foundry to make developing against Cloud Foundry easier.  If Uhuru lives up to it's advertising and you have the MicroCloud, you should be able to fully develop cloud based software in your own machine using .Net and deploy anywhere.

Check it out and let me know what you think.  I am curious because I am 1) not a developer per se (hobbiest at best - and a bad one at that), and 2) what I tool around with is Java, not .Net, at least not yet.