ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Headed List Builder

<< < (2/3) > >>

AndyM:
I'm not volunteering, but I think this could be done in Word with VBA and could work pretty much as envisioned.  I think Word has some unicode support, but Japanese?

Target:
what is the format of the output, eg is it columnar, or is it in blocks?

if it's columnar, will they be comma/tab separated, or some other schema?

thancock20:
Thanks for all the replies.

@rjbull: Yeah, clipmate is definitely overkill. I may look into the PowerPro idea if I can find the time before anyone comes up with anything else. Notepad++ works just fine with Unicode. I could use a toolbar designed to work with N++ if I need to, but part of the annoyance is opening a new text file and then specifically having to tell N++ not to save it. With the idea I came up with, the textbox wouldn't try to save it, since it's designed to just be an intermediary. Also, I would still need to setup the global hotkeys through AutoHotkey or something similar. So, I would probably be better off doing the GUI part under AutoHotkey as well.

@ath: Form Letter Machine could probably be configured to give me a list of headers, but it doesn't look like it would do the text capturing that I need.

@AndyM: I'd like to try avoiding MS Word for this if I can.

@Target:The idea of using the textbox and pasting the info into it is so that I can format it as needed in the box, but basically it would look like this:

Header 1:

Clip Text 1
Clip Text 2

Header 2:

Clip Text 3
Clip Text 4
etc.
--- End quote ---

The reason I thought leaving the formatting free and pasting the headers in is because sometimes multiple headers are used for one clip text like this:

Header 1 & Header 2:

Clip Text 5
--- End quote ---

Also, I don't get the all the clip texts for the same heading at the same time, so after getting up to Header 5 or so I may need to go back and add a clip text under Header 2.

thancock20:
Believe it or not, I solved this myself:

I downloaded a GUI creator from the forums at AutoHotkey.com, and just kept looking through the Help files to figure out the rest. It works exactly like my specs in the first post except for:

5. Not necessary at this point, but a way to switch header lists for different projects would probably be a good idea.
-thancock20 (January 16, 2012, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't imagine that'll be too hard at some point, though.

Oh, and the hotkeys are Alt+Ctrl+C and Alt+Ctrl+V because the Win key was interfering with some other software on my system.

The Editbox (apparently I was misnaming it as a textbox earlier) and the Drop Down List both work with Japanese text as well. The contents of the drop down list are saved in a Headers.txt file, so it is persistent between runs. I even added an Autosave feature, in case something crashes while I'm working. The Clear button also deletes the Autosave.txt file, and if the file exists when the program is started it is automatically loaded into the Editbox.

I don't know if anyone else would have much use for the program, but I'll post it here anyway. It's only tested on Windows XP SP3 32 bit, because that's what I have. Also, the application is completely portable.

(That TitleBar is part of my Windows Theme, by the way)

Edit: I just swapped out the file, but just to remove the .exe from the name in the TitleBar.

Ath:
and just kept looking through the Help files to figure out the rest.
-thancock20 (January 17, 2012, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
You've got my respect, by solving your own Coding Snack request. :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

I don't know if anyone else would have much use for the program, but I'll post it here anyway.
-thancock20 (January 17, 2012, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Expect some takers, this select&paste&moderate stuff is often discussed here :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version