topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone know about and/or use CloudFlare ?  (Read 1829 times)

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone know about and/or use CloudFlare ?
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:04 AM »
My host provider is offering me (long-time customer) free unlimited use of CloudFlare for my hosted websites :

"We build our hardware from the ground up, which means that we choose the hardware components down to the chip level. Our proprietary software allows us to process millions of requests per second efficiently. We run our own network, so we choose the exact location of our edge nodes—the most strategic points on the Internet. This is essential to ensure your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance.

CloudFlare’s CDN reduces hops and lowers latency. On average, a request is fewer than 10 hops and takes less than 30ms.

CloudFlare operates out of 23 data centers around the world. Our CDN automatically caches your static files at our edge nodes so these files are stored closer to your visitors while delivering your dynamic content directly from your web server. CloudFlare then uses a technology called Anycast to route your visitors to the nearest data center. The result is that your website, on average, loads twice as fast for your visitors regardless of where they are located.

On average, a website on CloudFlare loads twice as fast for its visitors, sees 65% fewer requests and saves 60% of bandwidth. You’ll be able to see the exact speed benefits and savings with your personalized CloudFlare analytics report for your site."

I have some niggling doubts about spreading my web content across the globe - but I suppose it is already, and anyway the content is there for all to see isn't it.

But I'd be grateful for comments ...