topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: "Of course you know, this means WAR Gentlemen!" Microsoft makes its move.  (Read 19590 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Facts are not the same as assumptions, no matter what they are based on.

No. But some are so highly probable as to amount to much the same for all practical purposes. The sun may not rise tomorrow. But even though it's an assumption to think it will, I still find it prudent to set my alarm clock each night, just in case.

So I'm not sure why you're dismissing all this as wild assumptions. Hardball is a strategy that's worked very well for Microsoft in the past. Where would it be such a stretch to think they'll likely try to repeat what worked previously for them?

Microsoft is not stupid, no matter what else it may - or may not be.  :)

And as a side note, they have been very vague on exactly what their final plan for all this is. Most of their 'official' responses have been far more interesting for what they haven't said than for what they have.
 8)

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@40hz:
While reading your posts I could not help but read that you want Microsoft to change its name into Mordorsoft...   ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@40hz:
While reading your posts I could not help but read that you want Microsoft to change its name into Mordorsoft...   ;)

Well...Bill G does look a little bit like Gollum. And Steve B could probably pass for a Uruk Hai with that monkey dance so...

And there was rumor when Bill asked how they could acquire the Internet (that was an unintentionally hilarious moment in tech history) people had seen him hunched over muttering things like "It's mine! The Precious. We wants it we does!"

gollum.jpg"Of course you know, this means WAR Gentlemen!" Microsoft makes its move.

;) ;D