topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Qatapult  (Read 331738 times)

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Qatapult
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2012, 02:27 PM »
I'm considering changing the way Qatapult handle the display of text items. TEXT items currently draw a text when you call drawItem. I think that this wasn't a very good decision as the current behavior force all skins to consider TEXT as rendering in the icon space.

The change would make drawItem draw a standard icon for TEXT objects, then skins would be free to either render the icon OR to draw only the text of the object at the place, font, margin and text aligment they prefer.

What do you think ?
Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37 PM »
I'm trying to add multiple object selection. It partially works, but I still need to add some extra changes. This is a bit long, because it involves changing the structure of Qatapult a bit, but this is just normal code clean up. It has to happens sometimes.

Sounds promising!  Thanks for keeping us informed  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Ewemoa may be you could answer this too : I've an issue with the 'current selection' proxy. I don't know if it should be considered one object or several. If I handle it as a single object that would mean that it's whole selection can be canceled with one 'esc', if I handle it as multiple objects a large selection could be very painful to cancel.

Do you know how QS handle this ?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Although I remember being able to work with multiple objects via the comma trick, I don't remember whether multiple objects could be handled via a current selection proxy.  I guess it's possible that they weren't handled.

Would it help at all if there were a default number of objects to handle and allow this to be configured by the user?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Did some light testing in kupfer.  It appears that in kupfer, there is a notion of currently selected files.

Rereading your post, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'esc' canceling the selection.  Do you mean that pressing 'esc' cancels the selection outside of Qatapult in for example Windows Explorer?

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Hello, it has been a bit long since the last update, but Qatapult is going on again : I had a neck ache after jumping badly on a trampoline, not that serious but it was painful enough that I couldn't work too much for some time... among others things. Don't worry everything is ok now ;)

I've uploaded a new version that support multi elements arguments. The way it works is that you can CTRL+Enter on a argument, then it'll stack on the current arg. The default File commands 'Open', 'Delete', etc... handle this by running the command on each item, but you can define how you want your action to handle it :
As an example you could use it to create zip commands and things like that that operate on many files in one command. You can try it on File object in the first pane.

A quick way to multiple select files is to drop Files over the Qatapult interface from the file explorer. Qatapult will accept them when it's appropriate.

Rules define which argument can use multi. You can enable any argument to do that by adding a multi attribute to the argument type tag. Once a type is stacked, you can only stack objects of the same sort and only rules that support multi items will show up in the next pane. Here is how to define a rule that enable multi on the first arg :
<rule>
<arg multi="1">TEXT</arg>
<arg>
<item>
<lbl>Append to file</lbl>
<ico>icons\defaultverb.png</ico>
</item>
</arg>
<script>for(var i=0;i<qatapult.getArgItemCount(0);i++) appendtofile(qatapult.getArgValue(0,i,"text"),"plugins\\commands\\test.txt")</script>
</rule>

I've also added a dialog box that warn you if there is a new Qatapult version available, so you won't need to come back here again and again to check if your version is up to date.

valrus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Just tried to download it. It appears the main download link is broken? (I get "The requested URL /qatapult/bin/currentversion/Qatapult.zip was not found on this server.")

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Thanks ! This is fixed.

Nice to see you here.