ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (56/67) > >>

ewemoa:
No problem at all.  Please rename appropriately.

ewemoa:
Just thinking that one of the common uses for setInput would be when you zip a file, or do something else with a file to reopen Qatapult with the ouput file focused.
-ecaradec (March 29, 2012, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the example situation.

Along the lines of zipping / archiving, do you have any UI ideas how one might approach multiple files / folders being selected for zipping / archiving?  In QS, there was the "comma trick", but I'm wondering whether there might be better alternatives...

ecaradec:
The comma trick seems good to me. I had a look to integrate that this WE. This is really a core change and there is well over 50 places where I must fix things, so I will really need some quiet time to plug that. I don't know what could make it better, I think that allowing Qatapult to be a drop target might be nice so that we could drop files directly from the explorer into Qatapult. I would certainly use that. If you have some other usage ideas, I'm listening.

As a status update, I'm doing two things right now :
- fix memory leaks (I unplugged my memory leak finder to find a bug and left it unplugged. Leaks are not easier to find in larger quantities ;) )
- implementing a paste using the new DynaWrapper code. I have working clipboard code for text already. I'm also discovering that this is not a very easy environnement to develop into, but may be it will be easier as I write more wrappers.

ewemoa:
The comma trick seems good to me. I had a look to integrate that this WE. This is really a core change and there is well over 50 places where I must fix things, so I will really need some quiet time to plug that. I don't know what could make it better,
-ecaradec (March 29, 2012, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know about the aesthetics of it, but the following display idea came up:

1. Press comma
2. Current pane extends vertically (like a stack?)

Just a random thought :)

I think that allowing Qatapult to be a drop target might be nice so that we could drop files directly from the explorer into Qatapult. I would certainly use that.

--- End quote ---

Same here!  Drop target would be great.  Also being able to drag from Qatapult would be nice too -- quickly find something with Qatapult for use elsewhere (until there's a plugin :) ).

One thing that I've wanted in FARR is the ability to drop items on to an individual result.  I have FARR configured to use "Blank search shows files from launch history..." -- and I've wanted to use that as a kind of dock to drop items on to, but last I checked, this doesn't work.  So certainly would be nice to have this in Qatapult!

As a status update, I'm doing two things right now :
- fix memory leaks (I unplugged my memory leak finder to find a bug and left it unplugged. Leaks are not easier to find in larger quantities ;) )
- implementing a paste using the new DynaWrapper code. I have working clipboard code for text already. I'm also discovering that this is not a very easy environnement to develop into, but may be it will be easier as I write more wrappers.

--- End quote ---

Wishing you luck in these matters...

By the way, what do you think of the idea of a command history like in command line shells?  IIRC, in bash and other *nix shells, Control-P / Control-N is used for previous command / next command.

If there were hooks for a plugin to register to execute code upon certain key sequences as well as a chance to operate on command content before Qatapult executes the command, I'd be interested in writing a plugin for command history :)

ewemoa:
Do you mind if I change the name of setInput to setOutput ? I think it would be more appropriate.
-ecaradec (March 29, 2012, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

On a related note regarding renaming -- I think in English, spelling for collector ends in 'or'.  When I did search, I found that in French there is a word that ends in 'er'.

May be you knew this already :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version