ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (54/67) > >>

ewemoa:
It's nice how "Reload" (the command, not the image) now comes up here as the first result for "re" :)

Is there any way to tweak the scores of the objects added via plugins?  This would likely improve the usefulness of the OpenWith plugin -- at the moment, the objects added for that appear pretty close to the bottom of the results list and consequently I make repeated use of the PgDn key.

FWIW, I looked at:

http://emmanuelcaradec.com/qatapult/?p=developers

but didn't see anything that looked relevant.

ewemoa:
I'm thinking about how to display results of a plugin's execution.  Below are some ideas:

One simple way at the moment is using a dialog box via <script> in plugin.xml, require('lib/files.js'); and a function that calls DW.MessageBoxA(null, "Content", "Title", 0);  (As a side note, may be it's worth having MessageBoxW too?)

Perhaps some kind of balloon tip as well?  I'm not sure how much work that might be yet.

For execution results one might want to operate on again (e.g. calculation results, conversion results, transformed URLs, etc.) placing such text in the first pane (pane 0) seems appropriate -- is there a nice way to do that (apart from the AHK hack tested eariler)?

ecaradec:
Is there any way to tweak the scores of the objects added via plugins?
--- End quote ---
It's possible to specify a bonus field to your results to boost it's score : addObject(type, {bonus:100}); A negative bonus would also works but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad idea.

As a side note, may be it's worth having MessageBoxW
--- End quote ---
Yes, just wrote it and I'll add it to the library. messagebox or msgbox would be a better name, I'd rather have simplified functions than the direct windows API as it will be easier for everyone.

For notifications, I think we should really offer some flexibility, might be we need a notify function that can have several behavior based on a settings so that the result can be handled by Qatapult, Growl or Windows, or something else.

About reoperating results, I agree with you. That's something I'd like to have several times as using qatapult. I'm wondering if what you want to place on the first pane is a typed result or just a text.

ecaradec:
I've uploaded a new version, the main feature is a kind of a filter. Rule arguments can now match some subproperties of object. This is very useful to add extra methods to applications. I've created a putty plugin that add a connect method and that list the server configurations availables in the registry.

The syntax of the argument looks like that :

--- ---<arg>
  <type>FILE</type>
  <pred>rfilename=PUTTY.EXE</pred>
</arg>

The pred node is a filter that will make FILE only match if rfilename is putty.exe. The value name is flexible, you can test any value available on the object : path, text, icon, or any other custom value. The match is case insensitive.

There is also a regex predicate that you can enable by typing filename~=xxx . The important difference is the operator '~='. I think that it might be useful to propose custom actions if a text match a url like "http://" or an email or math expression (starting with = with only operator expression ? ). Regex tests are case sensitive too.

ecaradec:
I uploaded a new version again that allows to display an object as a result of a script command. It only works within a script command, you can't use it at any other moment and it can only set the first pane object. You can do something like that :

--- ---qatapult.setInput({type:"FILE",text:"c:\\",path:"c:\\"});

or

--- ---qatapult.setInput({type:"TEXT",text:"hello"});

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version