ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (47/67) > >>

pigeonlips:
That's a very impressive work for a newcomer to javascript. - I've also added a few things to allow path trimming

--- End quote ---

lol - while writing and testing , writing and testing you wouldn't believe the pain i was causing qatapult and the crazy erratic behavior i got  :) - thanks for the kind comment, but i'm still worried its buggy.

also dont add to much - the learning curve is hard! LOL - just kidding.

ewemoa:
This skin is my first time ever using js so please point out anything that's wrong.
-pigeonlips (March 07, 2012, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

You may find strong opinions about JavaScript :)

As I understand it, JavaScript didn't get much time for design and polish before it got shipped and this shows.  There are many oddities / warts in the language and sadly often trying to do things in a way that seems to make sense can backfire -- particularly if one has expectations about the language coming from a C / C++ (or similar) background.

If you intend to continue with the language, I highly recommend checking out some of Douglas Crockford's material early on, perhaps starting with:

Crockford on JavaScript

Even if one doesn't agree with some or much of what he says, I've found his material well worth the time.

He suggests an approach to the language based on being quite selective in what to use in the language and staying away from certain bits (e.g. he suggests not using == or != and instead using === and !==).  I have found this helps tremendously for JavaScript (and even AHK) but it isn't necessarily the easiest thing to figure out or get used to.

To help in this process, there is a tool Crockford developed and maintains called jslint (and now at least one fork called jshint).  I used jslint while doing JavaScript (via FScript) plugin development for FARR and found it to be really helpful.  Haven't set it up for Qatapult yet, but based on working with the OpenWith plugin, getting the feeling it may be a good idea.

After writing the above, I remembered that there is now this thing called CoffeeScript.  It compiles to JavaScript and although it has its problems, seems a far nicer language to be writing in.  It's pretty easy to get it set up once one has Node.js installed.  May be I'll see how practical it would be to use for Qatapult-related things.

Any interest?

ewemoa:
BTW, any chance of being able to use PgUp and PgDn for results navigation?

ewemoa:
Just a quick note to mention that slightly modifying the output of coffee (a CoffeeScript compiler), seems to produce a Qatapult-usable result.

The following CoffeeScript content for snippets.collecter.js:

--- Code: Text ---collect = (query, results) ->  if results.expects('TEXT')    fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")    f = fso.OpenTextFile("plugins\\snippets\\text.txt")    while not f.AtEndOfStream      l = f.ReadLine()      if qatapult.match(l, query)        obj =           key: l          text: l          icon: "plugins\\snippets\\text.jpg"        results.addObject('TEXT', l, obj)
turns into:

--- Code: Javascript ---(function() {  var collect;   collect = function(query, results) {    var f, fso, l, obj, _results;    if (results.expects('TEXT')) {      fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");      f = fso.OpenTextFile("plugins\\snippets\\text.txt");      _results = [];      while (!f.AtEndOfStream) {        l = f.ReadLine();        if (qatapult.match(l, query)) {          obj = {            key: l,            text: l,            icon: "plugins\\snippets\\text.jpg"          };          _results.push(results.addObject('TEXT', l, obj));        } else {          _results.push(void 0);        }      }      return _results;    }  }; }).call(this);
I think removing the first and last lines may make the result usable by Qatapult.

ewemoa:
I tried a rough rewrite (non-idiomatic CoffeeScript) of OpenWith.collecter.js.  Removing the debugging related stuff, it looks like:

--- Code: Text ---collect = (query, results) ->  # for OpenTextFile  ForReading = 1  ForWriting = 2  ForAppending = 8  # http://coffeescriptcookbook.com/chapters/classes_and_objects/type-function  type = (obj) ->    if obj == undefined or obj == null      return String obj    classToType = new Object    for name in "Boolean Number String Function Array Date RegExp".split(" ")      classToType["[object " + name + "]"] = name.toLowerCase()    myClass = Object.prototype.toString.call obj    if myClass of classToType      return classToType[myClass]    return "object"  # file extension from file path  pathToExtension = (filePath) ->    extRE = /\.([^\\.]*)$/    ma = extRE.exec(filePath)    if not ma      return null    ma[1]  #  if not results.expects('FILE')    return  #  pane = qatapult.getFocus()  if pane != 2    return  #  fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")  #  p0 = qatapult.getArgValue(0, "path")  ext = pathToExtension(p0)  if not ext    ext = 'NONE'  #  table = {}  try    rf = fso.OpenTextFile("plugins\\OpenWith\\associations.js")    text = rf.ReadAll()    result = eval(text)  catch e    #  finally    rf.close()  #  if fso.FolderExists(p0)    if "_folderhandler" of table      ext = "_folderhandler"  if ext of table    rule = table[ext]    theType = type(rule)    switch theType      when "string"        path = rule        obj =          key: path          text: path          path: path        results.addObject('FILE', path, obj)      when "array"        for path in rule          obj =            key: path            text: path            path: path          results.addObject('FILE', path, obj)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version