ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (13/67) > >>

ewemoa:
I've made a test that allows to enter text mode with '.' or 'insert' and exit with 'esc' and 'insert'. It should be an usable configuration for most people laptop or not.
-ecaradec (February 09, 2012, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

May be this will finally teach my body where the Insert key is -- it's quite a stretch for my pinky though for the desktop keyboard :)

On a side note, would it be hard to make some of the hotkeys configurable?  If it were easy, may be we could try out various possibilities and report back on our experiences.  I'm interested in trying out pigeonlips' idea about using the function keys -- I suppose I can try to hack together an AHK script to "reroute" function keys to other keys.

The thing I'm not sure about is if the dot is a good key for entering text mode. I often type a dot when I want to filter for an extension and erroneouly enter text mode. Insert is way more convenient for me : I don't use text mode very often, and dot is a too easy key to hit for such a uncommon behavior. Get a new version to try for yourself.

--- End quote ---

Typing a dot to filter for an extension sounds nice -- hadn't tried that.

It's sounding more and more like dot isn't such a good choice for text mode.  I guess QS also supported single quote -- for reference, that's mentioned on page 22 of the manual and it's how I remember it too.

If you think it might help, there is an old Mac Mini sitting around with some version of QS installed -- may be I can see if it will still work to do some testing.

pigeonlips:
I've added ' as a prefix for forcing text mode result. If you want to avoid moving down the list to select the text result, start your query by ' and it should be the first result. We could imagine other prefixes to boost some type of results if you have other ideas.
--- End quote ---

hummm - finding that its defaulting to text straight away. While great at first (was testing all my free text stuff) it was great, but now noticed that you have to complete the whole word for a match. (or hit arrow down).

Not sure if that was you intention?

ewemoa:
pigeonlips:

I hope to take a look at what you've posted once I have access to a running Windows environment again :)

all:

The local Mac Mini with QS on it decided to cooperate so I got some screenshots and did some testing.

QS window (with some customization to show current date / time)

Qatapult

QS window with text mode

Qatapult

Note: I didn't find QS to become a single pane when entering text mode.

While trying out pigeonlips' Move-related functionality, I was editing the third pane content in text mode, and it felt like it might be nicer to be able to see the other panes while doing that editing (currently switching to text mode shows an expanded pane, right?).

I remember seeing QS' window expand and contract, but I'm thinking this might have been for growing / shrinking between 2 and 3 panes.

Any thoughts?

ewemoa:
------------------- CURRENT SELECTION --------------------------

Be nice if this detected text too.
-pigeonlips (February 09, 2012, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, please!

pigeonlips:
While trying out pigeonlips' Move-related functionality, I was editing the third pane content in text mode, and it felt like it might be nicer to be able to see the other panes while doing that editing (currently switching to text mode shows an expanded pane, right?).

I remember seeing QS' window expand and contract, but I'm thinking this might have been for growing / shrinking between 2 and 3 panes.

Any thoughts?
--- End quote ---

I kinda see the benefit of both. If its large then you get more room to type/edit which is nice.

If its just in the one pane then you can see whats in you other panes as you said - also sounds nice. As i'm stuck on the fence with this one i'll sit out. Ether works well for me.

The one thing that does bother me a little is the position of the drop down box in the second and third pane. I'd rather see it expand the whole size of qatapult.

You could always algin the text (left, center, right) in it if people feel its not clear with pane its related to.

Qatapult

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version