ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (9/67) > >>

pigeonlips:
I noticed the email and search with bug too. I uploaded a new version that fix that. I broke something in the selection of rules, in the previous version and this was causing a lot of issues.
-ecaradec (February 06, 2012, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

All fixed here - thanks :)

Check if your second issue is gone too, I suspect that it should.
--- End quote ---

Still there. Small problem and functionally not to bad. You can always backspace to delete and type again.

The pane thing looks really bad. Your diagnotic is correct, Qatapult resize to two panes : no rule match anymore, so Qatapult doesn't know how many panes to display. I didn't bother fixing it till know as it's not super easy and is not very fonctionaly annoying, but I will as soon as possible.
--- End quote ---

You could just apply the same principal as the first pane. If the text you type in to the contacts doesn't match any more it turns into a free text field. Seams to me more in line with what a user would expect input wise.

I agree the dot is annoying when typing things. I was considering the same solution : use . to enter text mode and then esc to exit, but allows to type . when in text mode.  
--- End quote ---

nice

The last item result is always the text result. If you want to search notepad on google then type your query and select that last results, it'll give you the text verb. It didn't always appears in older version but this should be ok now. I could also add a ' prefix that would enable text result only.
--- End quote ---

nice - didn't Know that. Now with the fuzzy logic there's a lot more to scroll through - but nothing the "end" wont solve :)

A prefix sounds sweet. I'd love that. Some logical choices (to me at any rate) are
quote ie "
or the ? symbol
or the + symbol
or the = symbol

I also get lost when typing. I'm not sure about what I can do without degrading the look and feel of the ui.
--- End quote ---

How using the [ label / caption ] control at the top (where the indexing progress appears that records and displays what you are typing) or bottom where the path is when you are using the file browsing functionality.  You could always make this control dbl up as a helpful hint for other text you want to show off. Some examples might be:

"press ESC to go back" in free text mode.

"Begin typing" if qatapult has nothing selected. Or display the time and date. or qatapult version etc - you preference. Maybe even "new version avalible hehe

"press end to use text as verb" when match list is longer that say 10 or whatever comfortably fits on the screen.

May be I could switch to text mode automatically if nothing is typed for a few sec ? I think that QS cancel the search if you wait too long, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.
--- End quote ---

personal preference, is that i hate things doing something without my input but that might be just me.

Thanks for the report 
--- End quote ---

A pleasure. Thanks for the app and the quick turnaround on posts!

ewemoa:
May be I could switch to text mode automatically if nothing is typed for a few sec ? I think that QS cancel the search if you wait too long, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.
--- End quote ---

personal preference, is that i hate things doing something without my input but that might be just me.
-pigeonlips (February 06, 2012, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with pigeonlips on this.

ecaradec:
Here is a bug fix version :
- It  fixes the issue that displayed incorrect results to popup. It happened when you typed extraneous tab.
- The missing pane bug should be fixed too. It'll display an empty result if there are no other results left now.

pigeonlips:
Nice - Does what it says on the tin! both working as you describe.

pigeonlips:
Howdy.

I'm just playing around with the settings.ini file. I'm trying to add a few more verbs. Is there any way to add a verb that shows up when theres no match for a indexed item?

Here's one i'm trying:

[FileVerbs]
2_name=run on command line
2_workdir=%d
2_command=cmd
2_args=/K "%p0"

This seems to work but only if theres a match in the first pane. So if i type in "DIR" i get matches as there's other stuff in the Start menu that almost match, then i can run my verb and as expected it opens a command prompt and runs the command "DIR". But if i try anything more elaborate say "echo this and that" as theres no match in the first pane i only get the verbs (is that what the middle pane is called?) i get are email and "search with"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version