ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bits - Ultra Recall

<< < (4/7) > >>

J-Mac:
Hey Tom!

Copying (storing copies) or linking naturally affects the size of your UR database. I use only Copy and don’t link anything at all. I have run into problems in other similar databases where you link but moving or changing the name of a file in Explorer, DOpus, etc. screws everything up royally. And my UR databases haven't gotten slower or anything, so I copy all.

It is not an IE limitation that prevents opening Office files; it's the new "Protected" something or another concept that's built into Office 2010. Wish I had realized this before buying the doggone suite. They sure don’t mention such deleted features in the promo details.

Thanks!

Jim

Curt:
The Pro version is merely $39:

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/ultra-recall-2/

rjbull:
I bought a license for UltraRecall Pro v3 when it was on BdJ in 2008.  Kinook say V4 is a major upgrade that I would have to pay for.  This Bits deal at $39 is cheaper than their regular upgrade price of $50: Kinook prices.

J-Mac:
I bought a license for UltraRecall Pro v3 when it was on BdJ in 2008.  Kinook say V4 is a major upgrade that I would have to pay for.  This Bits deal at $39 is cheaper than their regular upgrade price of $50: Kinook prices.

-rjbull (January 16, 2012, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very true! Me? Purchased it on the same Bits deal you did - and then paid $50.00 for the upgrade back in August 2009 - (call me Dumberer!). If you plan to upgrade this is a much better way!

Jim

rjbull:
Purchased it on the same Bits deal you did - and then paid $50.00 for the upgrade back in August 2009 - (call me Dumberer!).-J-Mac (January 16, 2012, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, I'd call you realistic!  :)  It's been over three years between Bits deals (I think - haven't noticed any intermediate ones, anyway) and how were you to know they would run another deal?  In the Bits thread, Kinook say they're bringing out an updated version for Windows 8 and Office 2012, but don't say when, so I'm wondering if I'll fall behind again, not that either of those matter to me at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version