ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sorry, This Post Has Been Censored

<< < (15/19) > >>

Renegade:

...that makes me wonder if that Internet censorship is not just a single narrow aspect of a much larger overall strategy of state censorship in the US, driven presumably by commercial interests rather than by genuine state security interests.
-IainB (March 01, 2012, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

BINGO~!

I would say:

Internet censorship is [strike]not[/strike] just a single narrow aspect of a much larger overall strategy of state censorship in the US, driven [strike]presumably[/strike] by commercial interests rather than by genuine state security interests.

--- End quote ---

Or rather, I'd borrow from you, as the case were. :)

No comment on the actual article there as I'm sure people can simply imagine me devolving into a frothing at the mouth, excessively loud, profane, obscene, writhing on the floor mess of disturbing rants better left to the most extreme horror films...

Actually, on second thought, I'd like to add to my blatant rip-off from you...

There is another agenda there.

Making nutritious food "illegal"? Claiming that "pizza is a vegetable"? Stealing a decent lunch from a child at school then forcing them to eat "nutritious" chicken nuggets?

No. This is a murderous agenda. It's called forced malnutrition. It doesn't end well...

The same thing goes for Internet censorship -- it's an attempt to starve people's minds. Likewise, it will not end well.

IainB:
Did you see this update IainB?
-crabby3 (March 01, 2012, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the link. Oddly enough, I could not "see" that link you sent. My browser got there OK, but nothing was displayed. Was not a 404.
Maybe they block access from non-US sites? I've only come across that on video links before.
In any event, I found another link about it, here.

IainB:
There is another agenda there...forced malnutrition.
-Renegade (March 02, 2012, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that might explain it, but I'm not so sure, though there does seem to be something very odd about it.
It's an organic vegetable farm for goodness' sake!

I didn't realise it until I read this that organic farmers are under attack in this state to the extent that they need a legal defence fund (Is that right?), and the health department official concerned may have become unhinged or possibly been exacting some kind of vicarious revenge for this.

Looks like your "Health Department" (Southern Nevada Health Department) over there might actually be potentially injurious to public health and - using this farm raid an example - definitely injurious to public legal and/or Constitutional rights.
Hopefully, it could only happen in America. Sheesh.

crabby3:
There is another agenda there...forced malnutrition.
-Renegade (March 02, 2012, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that might explain it, but I'm not so sure, though there does seem to be something very odd about it.
It's an organic vegetable farm for goodness' sake!

I didn't realise it until I read this that organic farmers are under attack in this state to the extent that they need a legal defence fund (Is that right?), and the health department official concerned may have become unhinged or possibly been exacting some kind of vicarious revenge for this.

Looks like your "Health Department" (Southern Nevada Health Department) over there might actually be potentially injurious to public health and - using this farm raid an example - definitely injurious to public legal and/or Constitutional rights.
Hopefully, it could only happen in America. Sheesh.
-IainB (March 02, 2012, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Must have been a slow-news-day in this part of Nevada.  I mean... really.   :huh:   This is the only state in the US where prostitution is legal!  Who gives a crap what they eat before they do somebody?  IMO... this is one of those silly stories, that news casters throw in, to get you to watch their mostly boring show.   ;D

As-far-as it only happening in America? ... Probably not.  But we seem to be the only ones who like to tell everything to anybody about anything.  Just to fill the news-slot or news paper column.   :P

crabby3:
@IainB... Don't know if you saw this 'Inspection' Letter from the Quail Hollow Farm but I thought you might like to read it... if you've got an hour to kill.    ;D

This is from-the-horses-mouth so to speak.  It probably hasn't been edited so it may be more accurate than the other versions.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version