ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sorry, This Post Has Been Censored

<< < (11/19) > >>

Renegade:
^ It's not necessarily the elite that cause that spiral.  In many cases, it's the little people that are co-enablers of the elite's ability to cause such damage, i.e. the US Political System.
-wraith808 (January 19, 2012, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the US political system was sold in 1913. ;)

Stoic Joker:
^ It's not necessarily the elite that cause that spiral.  In many cases, it's the little people that are co-enablers of the elite's ability to cause such damage, i.e. the US Political System.-wraith808 (January 19, 2012, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

the "elite" are put in positions of trust to represent the people. They (the elite) consciously decide, of their own free will ...(to destroy everyone else's)... To start representing (only) the "people" that give them the most money. The system is then redesigned to (be convoluted) prevent anyone from seeing what they're really up to. For the most part, the "little people" really don't have time (because they're not supposed to...) to babysit these evil pricks.

It's like leaving a 90 year old man in charge of a bunch of 2 year olds ... In a china shop ... and then standing there asking what went wrong after shit hits the fan.

wraith808:
For the most part, the "little people" really don't have time (because they're not supposed to...) to babysit these evil pricks.
-Stoic Joker (January 19, 2012, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not about having the time to babysit them.  It's having balls to fire them if they don't do their job correctly.  I'm sorry, but with everything that has gone on in the past 50 or so years, how are there still career politicians?  And how is being the incumbent such an advantage?  Every politician in office has screwed up on some vote(s) that were important to the country. (and more plural than singular).  How many times do you get to screw up before you're fired?

But the sheeple for the most part vote along party lines as they are told, instead of voting for the best person for the office.

Stoic Joker:
But the sheeple for the most part vote along party lines as they are told, instead of voting for the best person for the office.-wraith808 (January 19, 2012, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

True(ish) But it's the convoluted manner in which the issues are addressed/presented. Picking a candidate that has the "right" view on issue A (which they're probably lying about...($$)), may leave one hanging on issue B. In which case you get left with a balancing act trying to pick the lessor of evils (which is my guess for how the party line gets settled on/for). The whole system has become total shit...because majority vote doesn't really swing anything anymore.

40hz:
^ It's not necessarily the elite that cause that spiral.  In many cases, it's the little people that are co-enablers of the elite's ability to cause such damage, i.e. the US Political System.
-wraith808 (January 19, 2012, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the US political system was sold in 1913. ;)

-Renegade (January 19, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Was it that late?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version